Remembering D-Day.June 6 1944

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by And3, Jun 6, 2014.

1. And3

And3 Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2013
    East Sussex, UK
  2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Fabulous reminder but having just listened to the twit playing the last post I want to shoot somebody he was awful, truly awful. It was so fast he sounded as though he couldn't be bothered his tuning slipped on more than one occasion. Truly if that is the best we can give the Normandy Dead and Veterans I am digusted. If I played it like that my first bandmaster (Ex Kneller Hall) would have murdered me.

Arrrggghhh

A

3. And3

And3 Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2013
    East Sussex, UK
    Wasn't he playing 'Lilly Marlene' ?

4. Cornyandy

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Well it was the last post Jim, just not as I know it Honestly he was poor, and on a cornet not a bugle there are a few excuses gone out of the window.

5. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Twit? Where?

6. Cornyandy

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    It was one of the military Bandsmen I where ever our Royals were this morning and I really hate to go on but it felt as though it was just being thrown away not played with any honour to the fallen, thus he was a twit

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Chivied link didn't work for me so I four d something on Youtube. Nice story!

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Chive link didn't work for me so I four d something on Youtube. Nice story!

9. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Indeed... Thanks, Andrew

10. Sidekick

Sidekick Mezzo Piano User

Apr 14, 2011
    London UK
    Andy if it was one of the military bandman playing this morning, then you and I both know that wasn't playing poorly it out a lack of respect or because it didn't matter to him.
    It might just be that nerves got the better of him? It must have been a high pressure moment for him and perhaps he just froze a bit. It ahppens sometimes unfortunately.

Personnally I was more than a bit surprised to see all those "re-enactment" enthusiasts with their vehicles parked up on Gold beach, some walking around dressed as GI's and the like. It just looked a bit too much like a summer fair as opposed to a commemoration event.