Renting a picc?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by DubbaCTrumpetMSU, Jun 5, 2008.

1. DubbaCTrumpetMSU

DubbaCTrumpetMSU Mezzo Piano User

Dec 29, 2006
    Ft. Worth, TX
    So, out of curiosity, does anyone know of ANYONE in the country that rents out horns like a picc? I have a wedding gig in August, and one of the pieces sits very well on picc, but I do not have one, and don't know of anyone within a reasonable area around where I'm at to borrow one from. I was curious to know if anyone knew of a place or person that rents out horns like piccs. Guess we'll see. I doubt it...but who knows.

Russ

2. Principaltrumpet

Principaltrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 7, 2006
    north texas
    Will you slap yourself now? Hello am I not in a decent location? Your best friend wont let you borrow one...what a crappy friendship. Call me its yours...and you know it plays well.
    JR (only 2 ft from you when we are at work or school)

3. screamingmorris

screamingmorris Mezzo Forte User

Apr 4, 2007
    Through my extraordinary powers of insight and deduction, I am picking up on almost imperceptible details here that the average person would fail to notice, tiny hints that lead me to suspect that you two might know each other.

- Morris

4. Bourbon City

Bourbon City Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2004
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    OH Brother........Thou should be practicing instead of thinking I think. Deducing and deducting from what is written should be left to those of higher interlect.

5. screamingmorris

screamingmorris Mezzo Forte User

Apr 4, 2007
    Yer probly rite.
    They probly dont no eech other at all and I wuz juss readin to much into it.

- Morris

6. DubbaCTrumpetMSU

DubbaCTrumpetMSU Mezzo Piano User

Dec 29, 2006
    Ft. Worth, TX
    heh....actually, I thought he was going to be using it during his army travel this summer...turns out it'll be done sooner than I thought...sweet stuff.

7. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Win the Bach/Dillon contest and you can get a custom piccolo!

Or if Principaltrumpet is out of town long enough you can pawn his piccolo, then buy it--you'll have a bill of sale! Then you can start renting to other people. :cool:

8. RGood

RGood Piano User

Apr 20, 2008
    Deep in the heart of TX
    Hey maybe DubbaCTrumpetMSU and Principaltrumpet could start a stage act juggling trumpets and playing - kinda like the Flying Karamazov Brothers.....

All joking aside - if you guys are doing recitals in North Texas - keep us posted - the drive to Denton from Grapevine, Tx isn't all that far!

9. Trumpet guy

Trumpet guy Forte User

Feb 9, 2008
    California
    the prize is only a Bb or C

10. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    In another thread you are buying a very expensive new Bb trumpet. Why not buy a used Bach, Yamaha, Conn, Getzen, NYTC etc etc etc or something else and be able to buy a used pic so you have more horns in your arsenal?