Resistance/Pressure

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Ian000450, Aug 14, 2013.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    sadly - being overweight will affect D.) all of the above --- here let me explain as a comebacker of 5 years now (and a lot older than you at 48), and a tad on the "overweight" side by 40 or so lbs. you will (most likely) like me find that you compensate your air in every which way. Like me you may find that you "reach" for notes when you are tired or out of breath. Then of course, a day or two later you notice a jaw pain, or in your case throat irritation. NOW personally, I get concerned sometimes also --- and often consult Gmonady, or Dr. Mark, basically ---- people who have played the trumpet long enough to know --- it's a changing thing. YUP, in parades during the summer I play the trombone --- and "want to give it all I got" -- that is when I notice a lot of this stuff (but I do the same with the trumpet at times also) ------------------- just be conscious of "good mechanics", and I am certain you will eliminate most worries, and most problems.

2. Ian000450

Ian000450 Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Thanks for the response. Yeah I really planned on taking it easy and focused the next week. Marching band tends to bring many poor habits for me. I also need to get my lessons started back up again to view my habits. Its been since early June, plenty of time for bad habits.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uhm -- you haven't practiced since June??????? -- yes, Marching band, trying to fill the whole "outdoors" will do wonders for creating bad habits --- cause if your like me --- "gotta give er everything I got, big bad brassy sound" -- ROFL Stay focused, practice REGULARLY with good mechanics (I am not a doctor, but I figure you will be fine)