Restoration

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Alfie, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Alfie

Alfie New Friend

Hi,
    Perhaps this is not the right forum for this question but here it is anyway....
    Does anyone out there know of a place (preferably in Ontario, Canada) that I can trust to restore my Blessing ML-1? I have been told I would be better off to get a new one but I am stuborn and would prefer the scratches over a new one.[​IMG]

Alfie

2. GoodMusic@PA

[email protected] Piano User

Aug 7, 2008
    I don't know anywhere in particular in your area, but any store that you trust will probably be able to do it. Or you can always send it somewhere in the USA to do it... Kanstul, Anderson etc...

But they might be right about getting a new one, a restoration with new finish and everything can cost up to $800, if you prefer the scratches, you can always buy used...

3. Alfie

Alfie New Friend

it is used, but I really would like to get it repared....if I have to send it the States I will. I don't have a local store I trust on account that I'm new at all this. I have asked some stores but they don't know....Where I am there aren't many trumpet players, the stores in my city don't even cary trumpet sheet music in store, and the next city over only had one store that even sold a trumpet....and by a trumpet I mean a trumpet. Hence my query on this site.

:)

4. GoodMusic@PA

[email protected] Piano User

Aug 7, 2008
    Alright, then try to give one of the shops mentioned above an email or something and ask them for a quote, if you want, you can look on the classfields on this site, someone might have that horn for sale... good luck:-)

5. tony h

tony h Pianissimo User

Feb 21, 2008
    Alfie, if scratches is all that's wrong leave it as is , I had a trumpet long time ago it was dented, scratched and held together with tape but I wouldn't part with it even when the band offered me a better one it always sounded great besides we went through so much together .

6. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Ron Partch is in Toronto. His new shop is somewhere on the Danforth. He is one of the finest repairmen in the country, if not in North America.

7. nplotts1

nplotts1 Fortissimo User

Aug 5, 2007
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Its a long way away, but I have heard great things about Rich Ita (in atlanta, georgia), both from people on here, Trumpet Herald, and the professors in the brass area here at school.

8. Brian H. Smout

Brian H. Smout Piano User

Hi Alfie,

Call Rob at Frankenhorn in Edmonton, AB. He does great work.

Cheers,

Brian

9. Alfie

Alfie New Friend

The Danforth sounds great to me. I will look him up. Thanks a million.

10. Alfie

Alfie New Friend

If the guy on the Danforth doesnt work out Ill check him out. Thanks for the referral.