REVIEW: ANBRASS LA Instrument Repair

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gdong, Aug 14, 2009.

1. gdong

gdong Piano User

Jun 7, 2008
    LA/Lake Tahoe/NYC
  2. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    OK, just for laughs, where is the 'Brass Spa'? Also, do they do plating - either the entire horn or accents?

3. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
  4. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Hey, Champ -

Thanks for the cool web link. But, here is the issue:
    (1) I did go to their web site
    (2) There is no address shown
    (3) There is only a toll-free number so the area code does not give any clues
    (4) The OP shows his location as LA and Tahoe so that does not help much
    (5) If you look at the time of my posting, you will see that at 2:49AM I was hardly in the mood to wade around through a bunch of google search results to try and find what the OP could easily (and by proper protocol SHOULD have) put into his post. After all, it was a pitch and that is not something that you exclude in such a situation.
    and, finally, (6) I would not have found out about "letmegooglethatforyou" if I had not posted the question.:-o I'm going to use it from now on when someone asks a dumb question.

Thanks. That's what being a TM homey is all about, right?

5. gdong

gdong Piano User

Jun 7, 2008
    LA/Lake Tahoe/NYC
    25574 Rye Canyon blvd
    suite E
    Valencia CA 91355

The Brass Spa does valve jobs, builds horns, mouthpieces, etc... It is Bob Reeves castle. Anbrass does all the major horn work for them, they do full service plating, repair, modifications. I also think this is where Stomvi horns are built. Both spots are right next door, and on the Anbrass invoice there is a spot for BrassSpa services so they have a very synergistic role.
    Hope that helps!