Reynolds trumpets

Discussion in 'Horns' started by bigdigit5, Apr 21, 2007.

1. bigdigit5

bigdigit5 New Friend

Apr 19, 2007
    petoskey michigan
    does anybody know about the reynolds brand trumpets......are they good quality.

2. Happy Canuck

Happy Canuck Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    Toronto, ON Canada
  3. Claude Gnocchi

Claude Gnocchi Mezzo Forte User

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    Ive owned a few of them through the years and currently have a Roth-Reynolds made in Cleveland, Ohio. While not a "super horn," they are excellent trumpets. In my opinion as good as any Olds, Kings, Bachs and other factory horns out there....:D

4. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

Hey, Claudio;
    If you think Reynolds horns are so good, why did you make me a most welcome gift of an ugly, but, fantastic playing Reynolds Medalist, which I consider equal to an Olds Special, not the lesser Ambassador? If I haven't adeqautely thanked you for this gift, let me do so now. THANK YOU!!!

OLDLOU>>

5. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Most under rated, under priced for the value/quality, undiscovered great playing, well built horns on EBAY, and elsewhere.Just check out Mr. Reynolds pedigre, King (back when they had the rad engraving, silver bells) Olds, Committee. The guy has his fingerprints on a great many qualty horns in the last 75 years.

6. Claude Gnocchi

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    HI lou: My pleasure. Sorry I have not been posting/communicating much...just real busy at work and in the studio (in fact, I'm at work now, so that is why I must be brief). Indeed the Reynolds are great horns. I treasure my Roth-Reynolds for sentimental reasons, but also cause it just plays very well......:lol:

7. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

I have no covetous feelings for your Reynolds Roth trumpet. I already have your old Reynolds Roth cornet, BUT, I am certain that you know which of your prized toys I do covet. Give that one some thought.

OLDLOU>>

8. Claude Gnocchi

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    Lou: Old age IS setting in...I really do NOT remember which one you wanted...You can post here or PM me on it. Hope all else is well!:-)

9. The Royal Lancer

The Royal Lancer New Friend

Oct 11, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    Absolutely awsome horns. I love both of mine and consder the trumpet to be my 'special' favorite. The build quality is superior, with amazing attention to detail. I'm always looking to add another to the stable.

Jack

10. Btnbrass

Btnbrass New Friend

Jul 17, 2007
    TN
    I just sold a reynolds ranger which is alot like a olds pinto.