Rick Braun Chelsea

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Saile, Oct 19, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Are you sure that is a Getzen? It does not look like a Getzen to me, especiallly not the Eterna, which is the one I believe he was endorsing. I have this flugel and the tubing is nothing like I have seen on a Getzen.

2. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
    I thought you would pick up the dent haha

Rick Brauns latest album, Sings with Strings, includes all the old classic songs re played and re-sung by Rick Braun.

Its a good album, nice improvisations. Beautiful tone.

Welcome to RickBraun.com

3. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Hmmm.....maybe it's an older pic than I thought! That most definitely is NOT a Rembrandt, though - no vertical slides on that beast!

4. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
  5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Thanks so much for posting this. You must know I love Povo. The EBQ has been ending our gigs lately on Povo. A more high energy arrangement where the base line comes out much stronger as a rhythmic drone (very effective as such) that channels energy trough the melody, so much so that I take the trumpet part up the octave. And that 5:03-5:508 section is an entire course about a half octave above Rick's version with our quintet. It really really gets the crowd motivated and they leave wide awake at the wheel of their cars when they leave for the evening. Povo... a truly great tune.

6. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
    haha it is a very nice tune.