Ridiculous Wife Swap...

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by PhatmonB6, Nov 22, 2005.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
  2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    That show is simply awful. They take the most diametrically opposite people they can find to swap out. Unfortunately, it's like watching a train wreck; most people can't tear there eyes away once they get a good look.

Last night was terrible - they took two families - one where organization, cleanliness and physical fitness were paramount, and one where the whole family was a family of fat, lazy slobs, and swapped the wives out. All the one wife did for a whole week was sit on her fat, lazy butt all week, and watch TV while the dishes and trash stacked up and the house became a wreck in her wake. (This is what I was able to catch in the less than 5 minutes that I watched it - I couldn't bear to waste any more time with it than that, but my wife just loves that show and couldn't tear herself away.)

Horrible.

NONE of the families on that show are "normal".

3. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    It is pretty pathetic when you realize that the writers are all being hired for commercials and not shows anymore. Serioulsy, it seems as though much more thought goes into writing and producing commercials than 99% of the shows. With reality TV swarming the airwaves, who needs writers, right? Just another example of the disappearing art and creativity in our society.

4. cornetguy

cornetguy Mezzo Forte User

Sep 12, 2005
    Saint Paul, MN
    reality tv is part of the reason why i am ready to put an ax through the tv

5. cornetguy

cornetguy Mezzo Forte User

Sep 12, 2005
    Saint Paul, MN
    reality tv is part of the reason why i am ready to put an ax through the tv

6. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    I went to wife swapping party once - - - got a lawn mower for mine. :oops: ok - I'll leave the jokes to Manny. Dave

7. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    I hate reality TV... who the heck wants to see more reality... I get plenty 24/7. :lol:

Reminds me of a joke...

Lady was driving through a Indian Reservation when she noticed a elderly Native American woman walking down the highway... next town was 20 miles away. So she stopped and offered her a ride, which she accepted. The old lady looked down and noticed a bottle of wine sitting between them. She then asked, "I see you have a bottle of wine".
    The lady driver responded, "yes, I got it for my husband".
    The wise old lady responded, "good trade!"

:-o .... :lol: :lol:

8. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    I can just see the headline... Cornet Guy Axes Tv Set, is it a new American Trend? Find out on the new reality show AX YOUR TV! ROFL

9. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Funny joke but what do Indians or any ethnic group have to do with this?

10. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Seriously though...I think it is all to do with money. I bought NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2005 a few days ago, and the program no longer includes a firewall! You have to buy it seperatly.

I thnk the same thing is happening with reality Tv. Just something else that the networks want to sell. I think that we have disintegrating ethics as a society to, so we become desencitised to nonsence like reality Tv. Personally my wife and I detest Reality Tv. Its to pointless and artless to matter. I mean who on earth wants to watch some retard eat hissing cockroaches for $50,000 on fear factor?!?! You couldn't pay me a million dollars to do something so sick minded and disgusting! :shock: