RIP Larry Seaver

Discussion in 'Horns' started by trumpetnick, Dec 14, 2016.

1. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Antalya, Turkey
  2. Claude Gnocchi

Claude Gnocchi Mezzo Forte User

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    I saw the video you posted. What a humble & honest man.....apparently he designed & built brass instruments that are still considered great today. A life well spent in service of music.....RIP Sir Larry!

3. mos0178

mos0178 New Friend

Dec 16, 2016
    The brass instrument industry lost a titan on Monday the Dec 12th 2016. I am proud to say Larry Seaver is my father. For anyone who had the chance to meet my dad, he was so humble and giving. He revolutionized the way brass instruments are produced. He also designed parts, horns, and fixtures that are still in use today. He has designed and worked directly with Wynton Marsalis, Doc Severinsen, Chicago, Canadian Brass, and the average joe. The list could go on. His understanding of physics, metallurgy, and engineering has allowed many to achieve their exact sound they were looking for. He never looked to take credit for many designs and parts in the industry, just wanted to make people happy doing what he loved. He got me into the brass industry doing the same thing. At 38 now, I will never do anything else. He has left a legacy in this industry that we should all be honored by. RIP DAD. Miss and Love you!

Peter McNeill likes this.
  4. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    So sorry for your loss. I would like to know more about this great man, and I'm certain that I'm not the only one.

5. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Antalya, Turkey
    I didn't expect to see a relative of his here, let alone his son:-) Feel free to share your memories that will be interesting for all of us.

6. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Very sorry for your loss. Best wishes.

7. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    I had some phone conversations with him and met him one time when I was in Elkhorn. I found him to be very friendly and helpful, very willing to pass on advice. RIP Larry Seaver.

8. Bflatman

Bflatman Mezzo Forte User

Nov 27, 2008
    Manchester, England
    The good that men do lives after them.

When a man is remembered he lives on.

This great man is remembered for his legacy and I can see the respect in others for his memory.