Roadtrip: Blame it on Denver

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Apr 12, 2005.

1. sinfoniantrumpeter

sinfoniantrumpeter Pianissimo User

Apr 10, 2005
    Hey Manny,
    forgive my ignorance, but, what are you playing on the website? excerpts? something you made up?
    thanks
    Carl

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Well, I suppose depending on how one plays them they can sound made up!

Those are exerpts from:

Mahler's 8th Symphony (1)
    An Alpine Symphony by Richard Strauss. (2 and 3)

ML

3. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    Hey manny, when are those new clips gonna be up?? i cant wait.

4. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Collin,

Sorry, buddy... it will be a while. Dave is sending me some stuff to approve (or not) tomorrow.

I'd like to see the stuff up, too!

ML

5. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    Manny...

Is the Prana 3 a heavier horn than the Prana 1? It was a little frustrating when I heard that everyone's so excited about the Prana 3 when my Prana 1 should be arriving this week (of course, that's what they said last week...). Just when you finally order a horn, Dave makes something better by the time you actually get it! Oh well...

6. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Pedal C,

Well, for what it's worth, I played the shop horn there and you have NOTHING to worry about. It's an absolute sizzler. In fact, several of the cuts that will be on the clip collection were on the shop demo horn and I thought it was one of the finest instruments Dave has ever made. I was tempted to ask him him to let me bring it home for a little while to play in Orchestra Hall but I left it alone so they could finish it up.

Congratulations, I suspect it'll be a honey, if it's anything like the shop instrument!

ML

7. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Pedal C,
    Funny you should say this, I was just thinking the same thing. I got my C997 right before they started making Prana horns. I don't know if your a tech geek at all (I am a little), but the pc industry recently celebrated the 40th anniversery of "Moore's Law," which says that processor speed will double every two years. Recently, it seems like the Monette shop has been progressing at the same rate. The only problem is that computers get cheaper, Monettes don't...
    -jimi

8. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    Just out of curiosity since they are not on the current price lists what do the Prana 1 series run you, im assuming they are somewhere in the same league as the STC Pranas 10 g's or so in Gold plate?

9. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    cmcdougall...

I'm not sure what the current price of the Prana 1 is. I ordered mine before they had named it, or even built the prototype, so the price I got was the STC Prana price. I don't know if they've changed the price list since then, it was almost a year ago!

Manny...

I'm glad you liked my horn (and thanks for not absconding with it!). Next time you're stuck in Denver, we'll play duets. The main terminal probably has some nice resonance!

10. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    Manny, I found those sound clips of you playing the 'C' trumpet over on Daves' site. What do you use for a 'Bb' trumpet? I was surprised to see the 'C' horn you were using as I thought you used one of the models with the heavy bracing. I'm really surprised at the depth and richness of the sound of the horn you were playing! :-)