Roadtrip!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Gentles,

Your humble moderator will be in Portland, OR. Sunday and most of Monday trying some new toys. With any luck I might come back one, maybe two toys to tell you about and more video clips for Dave's website. If I can get near a computer I may check in but I'll probably be enjoying copious amounts of Indian food, rain, clouds, and checking in with Dave at his home.

TG: behave yourself, young lady!

LP: be nice to TG!

Trick: Take off the bloody mask and face everyone!

Cookie: Say hi to Ed Carroll for me.

Malin: Say hi to Pedro for me.

RW: Go help Porcelain make the bed.

JP: Say hi to Groucho for me

Lara: No, I'm not retiring... it was a joke, okay? I'm just messing with people, a'ight?

Yesenia and Felix: Hasta luego, mis Boricuas.

Wilmer: Put an extra five in the collection plate for me.

MM: Put out the lights, will ya? Thanks.

ML

2. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    No, no, no... it's ok. I don't need no mention. I'll just stay put and hold down teh fort... :shock:

3. jpkaminga

jpkaminga Pianissimo User

Jul 1, 2004
    Boston
    actually I saw Groucho all night long, there was a Marx Brothers marathon all day long on TCM, whatever that stands for, never watched to much of that channel untill today, Groucho is my favorite, then Harpo and Chico, does Zeppo ever do anything funny? really though I have to stop watching so much TV, quoting Bill Waterson one might call TV "the twentieth century drug of choice", horrible stuff, especially when I've got plenty of school work to do

4. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Going by this list, anybody would think that Manny has his favourite posters - don't worry Manny, the rest of us mere mortals won't bother troubling you any more :roll:

Nice way to make everyone feel welcome here ;-)

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Harrumph!

Such sensitivity... well, I'll just have to dedicate whatever videoclips we put on Dave's site to the other FOURTEEN HUNDRED NINETY OF YOU!

We aim to please...

Hey, TrptMike, by the way... we've been playing the war requiem this week. Very powerful with it turning out to be on the day the Pope's funeral. Tricky little tune, that! I had the fortune of playing it long ago with the great choral master, Robert Shaw. Very sad piece, with the poetic text aside from the regular latin mass.

All right... I'll check in tonight before I go to see who's the next to be "offended".

ML

6. trumpetgirl612

trumpetgirl612 Pianissimo User

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    Yessir! Enjoy your trip!

Emily

7. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Oh, just leave all the Texas Tech guys out (me, Bear, Spleeyah)....I thought you liked us???? :-P :D

Do ya think you could drop down and pick me up on your way over there? :D

8. iguananaught

iguananaught Pianissimo User

Mar 10, 2005
    I am not offended at all. Well, maybe a little, but I'll get over it! :-P

As for the War Requiem, I was there on Friday, and it was very well done! The soloists were great and the brass playing was fantastic.

Manny, those delicate little licks with the flute (I think) were just super! I am not a big fan of playing passages with the flutes........Had a bad experience with Hanson's Symphony #2. Unison high C's with the pic, I think. Not fun for me. Anyway, the concert was great! Who was the fourth player? I thought I recognized him, but I think the guy I thought it was is not the guy it most likely is...............Have fun in Portland!

Patrick

9. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    iguanaught, whereabouts in minnesota do you live? you must live close to go to Orchestra Hall. I don't really go out for orchestra concerts much, except when they help a relationship develop.
    didn't go Friday cuz I think my bro used my student saver card for something, i didn't know, and I was too busy dominating at tennis and basketball.

To Manny:
    "Sir, yes Sir!" :-P

10. trumpetgirl612

trumpetgirl612 Pianissimo User

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    so, LP, whats next on your agenda?