Rocky Mountain TrumpetFest -- Mark your calendar

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dcstep, Jul 26, 2006.

1. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    The University Of Denver Lamont School Of Music will host the first Rocky Mountain TrumpetFest on October 28th and 29th. The dates were just confirmed by DU and we're seeking clinicians, performers, manufacturers and other interested parties. Assistant Professor Al Hood is coordinating with other universities, clinicians and performers.

Everything is still tentative, but the trumpet studios from DU, CU, CSU and the US Airforce Academy are expected to attend and perform. All major manufacturers and Colorado retailers will be invited and we expect broad participation.

Dave Stephens will be coordinating the manufacturer/seller displays. For details and to reserve a space, please contact him at:

[email protected]

2. bspickler

bspickler Pianissimo User

Apr 28, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Dave,

I think this is going to be a great event. Keep us posted on the participants.

Bill

3. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Will do. By mid-August I expect to be able to announce some of the clinicians, performers and exhibitors. Early returns are looking very promising.

Dave

4. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    See http://www.spickler.net for a partial list of our exhibitors, clinicians and performers. We'll be updating this every few days.

Dave

5. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'll be there playing, presenting a masterclass, and exhibiting a few Eclipse Trumpets as well as my new mouthpieces.

Phew, I'll be busy but I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Best,

T

6. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Yeah, besides a lot of great talent from the Rocky Mountain region, we'll have Trent coming in from out of region along with David Hickman and Bert Truax. We've got something for all levels of trumpeters. (We've already got clinicians asking for spots in 2007, that we couldn't squeeze into this year. Now that's a high class problem).

I'm really excited about the participation of the academic trumpet community. Apparently they've not had any real gatherings in the past so they'll be using this as an opportunity for the trumpet studios to perform, meet one another and take advantage of some great clinicians. They will provide a great core, but we'll also have things of interest to "comeback players" and just plain ole trumpet afficianados.

Dave

7. bspickler

Apr 28, 2006
    Denver, CO
    The program is near final and we have some of the topics for the master classes and discussions. The latest word is Al Hood and Joe Docksey will be leading a discussion with the Aries Brass Quintet. It should be a great session.

See the full program and more at http://www.spickler.net

Get your registration in early so you don't get locked out. We have limited space. Pre-registration saves you a few bucks and helps us in planning. Print the registration form from the Web site.

8. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    There will be some of us from UNC there as well. I'm looking forward to a lot of fun and playin'.

Bear

9. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    Oh my, this presents a problem for me. October in the beautiful Rockies at trumpet fest, or being present at my wife's 50th birthday party!:-?

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!! :stars:

10. bspickler

Apr 28, 2006
    Denver, CO