Rocky Mountain TrumpetFest -- Mark your calendar

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dcstep, Jul 26, 2006.

1. bspickler

bspickler Pianissimo User

Apr 28, 2006
    Denver, CO
    If you haven't looked lately, check out the RMTF Web page. There are some great door prizes now and the program is fantastic. http://www.spickler.net

2. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ttt it's coming up soon! I can't wait as I'm in my primo "trumpetfest" groove coming off a successful visit do Dallas.

-T

3. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    I'll be there, yee-haww!

4. Mulligan

Mulligan New Friend

Oct 8, 2006
    Good Times

Had the chance to spend a couple hours at the Festival today. First of all, big thanks to the artists, exibitors and especially the organizers. This kind of thing is just what I needed to get my blood boiling for playing the horn again. Again, thanks for putting on a great event!!

As a side note: watched the CU trumpet ensemble play and am intrigued by the last piece on their program. They closed with the full ensemble playing Sir Malcolm Arnold's "A Hoffnung Fanfare". I really dug this piece and have been scouring the internet for information on it and for a recording. I've not had much luck. Does anyone out there know of an audio recording of this piece? Thanks in advance!!

Mulligan

5. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Mulligan, thanks for supporting us. I'm certain we'll be repeating this and reserving larger rooms. (Sorry to those that couldn't squeeze into Dr. Hickman's class, it was SRO).

The professors and exhibitors are telling me that they're extremely pleased. The kids that played had a blast and it was a blast hearing them.

New York Trumpet Company must be remembered. Felix gave us a very generous gift of a Stage 1 trumpet, to be awarded today. I'm sure we would have had a good crowd, but that trumpet really raised the "buzz level" and brought at least another 50 to the door. Thanks Felix.

Other generous contributors include Dr. David Hickman, Trent Austin, GR Mouthpieces, Yamaha, Gerry Endsley's Tromba, Trumpet Trader, Horn Haven. Goods and services contributed by theses sponsors and participants exceeded another $2000 in value.

The efforts of the student performers and their professors really completed the event. The excitement of hearing truly great trumpet ensemble performances is hard to match.

Prof. Al Hood, his beautiful and supportive wife Jennifer Hood, comeback players Bill Spickler, Janet Myers and Mike Endicott and their support systems (wives, kids, etc.) really made it all possible. I ended up having to travel in work for 3 to 5 days of each of the last two weeks leading up to the event, so the broad support was critical.

The professors really need the support, so if you're thinking about putting on such an event in your region, you'll need to provide external support. They really don't have time to coordinate this kind of thing at this time of the year, yet they love to have a venue for their performance groups and the opportunity to cross-pollinate the various trumpet studios with master classes and external (out of region) clinicians.

Hope to see more of you players for today's conclusion.

Dave

6. bspickler

bspickler Pianissimo User

Apr 28, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Simply put this fest has been amazing... I'll write more when I get back tomorrow (I'm currently on Bill's Computer) but the fest has been absolutely TOP shelf in EVERY (!!!!) aspect.

Take care everyone and good luck to the people who entered the drawings!
    -T

7. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Phew... just back from Denver and I'll post much more tomorrow but I did want to personally thank everyone for making the RMTF an event I'll remember forever. Every aspect of this event was top-notch and I thank you again for thinking of me.

Personal thanks to the Spicklers for treating me like a king this weekend. I really REALLY REALLY appreciate it!

Stay tuned for a full review and pics!
    -T

8. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Mulligan - it is available from Triplo Press -http://www.triplo.com/11-36trps.html

No recording though. Maybe there should be one produced, considering that Malcolm Arnold passed away recently?