Roger Ingram

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ALLCHOPS, Mar 22, 2007.

1. ALLCHOPS

ALLCHOPS Piano User

Nov 14, 2003
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    Just got a lesson confirmation on 4/23 with Roger.. I've never had a big time lesson before... I'll propbably get crushed but that's what I'm looking for...:bash:

Tony

2. Bourbon City

Bourbon City Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2004
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    When I retire from engineering I plan on taking up the trumpet full time. I've been playing for 50 years and have played infront of thousands of people at a time and not get nervous, but when I take my first lesson from a Roger Ingram type player I'll likely get nervous as a fifth grade school boy.

Enjoy your lesson and learn that one big thing that has evaded you all these years.

Learn lots,

3. Nordic Trumpet

Nordic Trumpet Pianissimo User

Feb 8, 2006
    Norway
    Let us know how it goes Tony.

That is really a big time lesson.

4. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    A friend of mine took a couple of lessons with him and said he is really nice and down to earth.

5. johnnyjazz

johnnyjazz New Friend

Mar 21, 2006
    Upstate New York
    Hey Tony,
    Let us know how it goes. I just went to the West Point Trumpet Conference and heard Phil Smith, David Bilger, Clay Jenkens and a few other trumpet greats talk and I learned a tremendous amount from just listening. I can only imagine what it would be like to have a direct lesson from someone of that caliber.
    John Alfano (your neighbor to the South - Glenville)

6. kadleck

kadleck Artist in Residence Staff Member

Feb 28, 2006
    new york
    Roger is a good guy and is what I'd call a great "student of the trumpet". He's spent quite a bit of time figuring out chop related issues. I know you'll get a great deal out of it. Good luck!

TK

7. Mikester

Mikester New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    MI
    Wow, Tony and Roger in the same room!
    That will be a wall shaking time.

Tony, I had a lesson with an LA lead player last year. He was candid when speaking about other pro's. All good stuff to say about Roger.

What are you going to work on, how to play your double C without straightening out the horn?

Have fun friend!

HFL!

Mike

8. ALLCHOPS

ALLCHOPS Piano User

Nov 14, 2003
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    Ha Ha Ha... Mikester has risen....

I can't wait fellas... I need a 2 hour boot camp with him prior to the show. My wife bought tickets to the show a month ago and wouldn't you know it I actually have a gig that night(Monday) So a few things are going to happen for the first time in my life:

#1. I'm actually going to sub the gig out which I've never done.

#2. Take this amazing lesson and hope I gain from it which will be another first... At 41 I figured I got all of my first times out of the way by this point!;-) ;-)

I will be sure to comment and even possibly post the lesson itself if I can find a digital recorder...

Back to my lip slurs!

TTFN

Tony