"Roids" in Baseball!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Anonymous, Feb 23, 2005.

Roids in Baseball

1. Barry Bonds is on the juice

100.0%
  2. Barry Bonds is clean... That Balco thing is just a coincidence

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Barry Bonds was on the juice... He is clean now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Anyone had the chance to read Jo$e Can$eco's book yet? Anyone see Barry Bonds media sessions the other day?

I think we have the wrong messenger in Jo$e but lets face it. These guys were / are on the juice!

[​IMG]

2. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Bleh, when did athletes become like pop stars?

There should be a *MUCH* smaller salary cap. Maybe they should have half of their salaries paid by fan donations. I bet players would care more about the game, and less about fast cars, fast women, and drugs.

Van

3. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    I seriously doubt Pudge was on the juice. Seriously. I mean come on, what's the point of doing something illegal when you intend to stay with the Rangers and you have no chance whatsoever of going to the playoffs. I think Canseco is full of dung.

4. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    You don't tell it to a grand jury unless it is the truth. They had nothing to gain, and a lot to lose if they were not telling the truth. I think Bonds used steroids, but did not realize what he was taking (just like he said). I also believe him when he says he is clean now.

5. adohanian

adohanian Pianissimo User

Feb 27, 2005
    boston
    I agree that Canseco is the wrong messanger for this. The problem with the book is that there are places where he's obviously lying (a 3.9 40 yard-dash?) so you don't know what's truth and what's fiction. But I don't believe Bonds' story about not-knowing. Everything written and said about him suggests he's a control freak, and combine that with all the money he has on the line and I don't think he'd take anything that he didn't know about. Maybe this year with the new testing policy we'll actually get some names and some proof and not just conjecture.

adam