Romanian trumpet players & romanian folklor !

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by marsuleu, Apr 2, 2009.

1. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    Hello friends !
    I think many of you never heard romanian trumpet players and romanian folklor, and I want to show you just a few moments with all my favourite trumpeters :)

Constantin Mandrristeanu - romanian wedding music ( west side of the country)
    YouTube - Constantin Mandristeanu-recital nunta Timisoara partea 1
    YouTube - Constantin Mandristeanu-recital nunta Timisoara partea 2

Adam Stinga - moldavian player (Moldova is a part of Romania - east side ,but they were politically separeted) - my favourite , the best !!!
    YouTube - Adam Stinga-trompeta(rep. Moldova)
    YouTube - Adam Stinga, trumpet, w/ Other Europeans Project

Potorel - romanian player - very interesting jazz-romanian folklor combination !
    YouTube - LAUTARIE - TROMPETA (hora)

Enjoy !

PS : if there is somebody who like this music, I can sent you mp3 files with more and more songs ...

MJ likes this.
  2. Bloomin Untidy Musician

Bloomin Untidy Musician Piano User

Jan 14, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Thanks for the thread. I particularly enjoyed Adam and Potorel's playing . It is great to hear an entirely different trumpet style. It reminds me very much of the middle eastern style of trumpet playing. It is typically traditional folk with lots of ornaments, and relentless winding melodies. It reminds me of a time when i used to play Irish diddly diddly music on the trumpet with a guitar accompaniment. It is very interesting playing music that is designed for accordians, tin whistles and pipes!

Cheers

B.U.M.

3. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    I'm glad to hear that !
    there are many other good players in Romania... but Adam is the best ! he used to play with Lautarii Orchestra from Chisinau.
    in romanian folklore we use lot of instruments for solo (violin , pan flute , clarinet , trumpet , saxophone ) watch this : :play:
    YouTube - Orchestra Lautarii - Pe-ntrecute

and 2 young players ( backing - Lautarii ):
    YouTube - Dumitru Hanganu si Dorin Buldumea - Hora lui Hanganu

and the orchestra , a demonstration of virtuosity :
    YouTube - Orchestra Lautarii - Melodii moldovenesti

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  4. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
  5. Bloomin Untidy Musician

Bloomin Untidy Musician Piano User

Jan 14, 2008
    Staffordshire
    I can't understand why no other TMers like this either. I suspect that it must be something to do with our discerning European blood. I was very impressed with the young trumpet player in one of the clips. Out of curiosity, do you know where i could get a copy of this music? I would love to have a go at arranging some of this stuff for my brass quintet!

Cheers

B.U.M.

6. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    hello BUM ! I can send you many other good .mp3 files with romanian folklore trumpet . you can also download these movies from youtube...
    keep in touch !

7. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    hey , don't you like this music ? what do you think about romanian folklore ? somebody from TM members play something like this ?

8. davidtrumpet

davidtrumpet New Friend

Apr 13, 2009
    hi Marsuleu!

i am a HUGE fan of Romanian Trumpet Style,in Hungary we have only 3-4! guys(including me)who try to learn and play this unique style of playing,but you know its very hard to learn ,because we can learn only from mp3-s,we used to slow down the music,to hear the ornaments and stuffs,like in jazz....

i have a great collection of Romanian trumpet players albums,maybe we can share some great music...

this is my email : [email protected]

im on the DC++ if you use it...

cheers

david

9. tunefultrumpet

tunefultrumpet Pianissimo User

Apr 9, 2008
    New Zealand
    Hi marsuleu, thanks for posting all the clips. Great to see a country where their folk music has such a strong following. Is it appreciated by the younger generation as much as the older? Does Romania have much of a following for Western music, by this I mean are there western style orchestras and jazz bands as well? Personally I don't like the music much as I find it a little repetitative for my taste. But I think a fusion of the Romanian folk music style with a jazz or rock music influence could be very exciting.

10. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    thanks for your interest guys!
    unfortunately , this folk is not appreciated by the youth ... but there is a couple of players/artists who keep alive this national treasure... I'm one of them :)
    there are Jazz , Blues , Big Band orchestras in Romania, and they are very good, but not very known out of the borders ...
    those who want more of this music, contact me at [email protected] , Yahoo ID : marius_leu .