Rotary trumpet idea

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gordonfurr1, Jun 2, 2015.

1. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    Wut are you guise talking about? The old/new fl├╝gel quoted a few posts above seems to have standard plumbing. Did I miss something?

2. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    No..I'm just asleep. Sorry. I wonder if I can delete my contribution to confusion..

Just did.

3. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    *gasp*
    the infection is spreading.

[​IMG]

4. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Nice pair

5. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    Jeez. I hope so.

6. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    Continuing to tinker with "THE DREAM"...Rotary Jazz trumpet....
    Had been troubled by the "double lever" first and third slide triggers...it was pointed out (sagely, by a very well-known contributor of renown) that it would be difficult to HOLD the trumpet and operate those triggers as shown...and he was correct.
    Many hours of visualization ensued..holding my hand up as if holding the rotary wonder, imaging the balance, the vector thrusts, the spacings....yep. Looked good on paper, (well, monitor) but would just not cut it in real life.
    SO....WHAT TO DO. I'm FAR, FAR too deep in this "dream" to abandon it as a "nightmare"...so........

MOTHER OF INVENTION.

I came up with something NEW. Elegant. Ergonomic...and to coin a NEW WORD...ERGODYNAMIC. (How about that, a new invention AND a new word coined)....

ERGODYNAMIC: An aspect of a device or a design feature or contrivance whose function in relation to the body is optimized to relieve stress, (strain, discomfort, bodily fatigue, load) not just in a static form, but in the various states and attitudes during the range of operations of the device are so designed as to maximize and enhance the human body's comfort, efficiency, endurance, healthiness no matter at which point of motion the device is found within its operational dynamic range. The difference between ergonomic and ergodynamic is the latter's greater emphasis on maximized performance in relation to the human body IN A RANGE of positions...

Remember...you heard it here first. ERGODYNAMIC.
    (Now, Seth of Lagos, if this is stupid or already a "thing" please let me down gently).

I was about to post it, but you know what...I want to talk to George about this. This one particular aspect is pretty cool and might be worth thinking about a patent...and this would be a great trumpet to first let it be built upon. I've never seen a "thing" such as what I've sketched before on a trumpet...nor any instrument. Maybe it is worth a Boolean search before showing it to the public.

Sorry.
    But, (snicker) it really IS cool..

7. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    Some of Josef monke's rotaries had one trigger operating with both 1st and 3rd slide.
    There is a video of a japanese trumpeter demonstrating on YouTube.com
    Just type monke bb trumpet and click the one with the slide section showing on the preview picture.

8. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Cannot find on youtube, canyou give the file No? Are you sure the one trigger operates both slides or is it that the trigger lever is hinged on the first valve slide.

Regards, Stuart.

9. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
  10. Msen

Msen Piano User

Dec 28, 2011
    I live in the Horn

Sorry, ergodynamic, is a greek word :lol::lol::lol:. Better yet it's Hellenic