Routine Trumpet Cleaning

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rockwell, Sep 26, 2012.

1. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I think Doc also treats his with a Gin and tonic once a day.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yes, the isopropyl alcohol kills the bacteria and fungi in the horn, the gin and tonic takes care of the bacteria in my mouth. My horn is happy. My mouth is happy.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    and to agree with the other guy ---- you are not full of hot air ---- at least not all the time (primarily because you exhale) ROFL ROFL ROFL ----- and you are definitely entertaining!!! and funny looking!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL
    MAYBE -- I should explain to some recent posters ---- that you GM, ole buddy, ole pal ---- are mY TrUmpEt PlAyInG HeRo, and I can add some humor(humour) in the posts when it concerns you!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    To recent posters: Mainly GM is giving great advice and KT is just.. well.. filling the threads.. :lol:

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    KT would rather have fun --- even on a cleaning thread (I mean -- people don't overthink it -- keep the horn clean and well lubricated and you won't have many problems with the equipment) gee whiz, this ain't rocket science!!!
    ROFL ROFL ROFL

and when it is all said and done --- play and be happy!!! ---- I mean [email protected]##$ aint' that hard to figure out, or as my good buddy local would probably say -- if you want sound, blow through the instrument, if you want it clean, then clean it!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

6. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    lim (88x^5 - 23x^3 + 97x^2 + 1002)/(4x^5 + 6x^4 + 238x^3 - 38525x^2 + 582395x q-crt(p-3.14)/353 /qtip) = clean the horn

By George, it IS rocket science.

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yes -- I seen that episode also -- very enlightening wasn't it?? ROFL ROFL ROFL
    Curious George . Blast Off | PBS KIDS

8. peterp

peterp Pianissimo User

Apr 18, 2009
    NJ/NY
    Just did the water flush and first valve slide oiling and it's great. The valves felt quite good to start with, but even better now. I didn't feel comfortable not being able to dry the inside after the water cleaning, so I used a Herco Spitball after with valve oil to clean it. You should post the owners manual info in the "Martin Committee Club" thread since I'm sure many are still unaware. I suspect this procedure is helpful for other trumpets beyond the Committee.