ROWUK and other german guys please help!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by a marching trumpet, Feb 19, 2010.

1. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    So when I got the complete score of the Hummel (my latest addiction) it was aaaaaalllllllll in German, according to my friend who takes german at my high school anyways here's all the phrases I dont have a clue in what they mean, I typed them up in their phrases and in the order of apperance, they appear alot in the score so thats why im asking all of you germans (mainly Rowuk)
    Here ya go forgive my ignorance:
    Blas.
    u. Bl.
    Fag.
    Holz
    Bl
    Klar.
    Melodie hervor
    Tutti ohne Pk.
    rinF
    Bassi sempre col 8ra basso
    Col 8ra basso
    Arco
    Ossia
    Holzbl
    Sempre col 8ra basso
    Tutti ohne Klar
    Tutti ohne Pk.
    Vell
    Could ya please give the meaning, and if you know the full length word that would be nice too, thanks I do appreciate it! :D

2. Sturmbill

Sturmbill Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2004
    Virginia
  3. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Go to a good bookstore and purchase a German to English dictionary. I always use mine when in doubt.

4. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

You have several Italian phrases on your list.

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Blas. winds (Bläser)
    u. Bl. with winds (und Bläser)
    Fag. bassoon (Faggot..heh,heh,heh!)
    Holz woodwinds (Holzbläser)
    Bl winds ((Bläser)
    Klar. clarinet
    Melodie hervor "melody to the forefront"
    Tutti ohne Pk. Tutti without tympani (a mixture of Italian and German, Pk for Pauken)
    rinF rinforzato. Ätsch! Same for the following ("ätsch!" for all the other Italian stuff until...)
    Holzbl Woodwinds
    Tutti ohne Klar All except clarinets
    Tutti ohne Pk. (see above, dude oder dudette!)

Although the preceeding makes me a good Moderator, it makes me a lousy teacher. For the record, all future Vulgani must show the initiative to look for the book that contains the answers, rather than the answers themselves handed on a silver platter.

I can speak as an an authority on things German, and have done this one-time favor to underscore the following point that I think it important enough to make the bodacious statement that: we should learn the distinction between knowledge and wisdom, and use the Internet and its forums with such in mind.

TM isn't meant to be so much a source of knowledge as a source of wisdom. Google has (for the most part) knowledge enough for those patient ones that seek.

TM has some danged amazing wisdom to offer.

Cool stuff!

Learn the difference!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    What a fine fellow you are VB - Just while you're feeling magnanimous, can you tell me why there is a silent (and invisible) "H" in Volkswagen?

7. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Come on ted (of the land that doesn't have the ashes) its German, Volkswagen, maybe shoud be Wolkswagen (with the W sounding V) thinking about will give you a headache

Never ask an Englishman where he is from. If he's from Yorkshire he'll tell you if not, why embarass him.

How do I make that an automatic part of my message anyway, like some of the other witticisms on here

but I digress sorry Mods

Cheers all

Andrew

8. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I went to a lesson one time with all the German words translated and written in the part.
    My teacher told me that I had the wrong meanings.

9. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

A book that might be of more general use than a german dictionary is this little book i keep in my case: "Pocket Manual of Musical Terms"
    It had all of the terms you asked for and I've found it very useful on more than one occasion

10. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I'll look into that, good buy it sounds like