Rowuk in the candy store!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rowuk, Mar 29, 2007.

1. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Camel,

I have heard of Michael Liard before and I am sure that he ie a freat teacher, but a nat is very far in my purchase list...I just ordered a Spada piccolo which will hopefully come with a torpedo bag by the end of the month from the Spada shop, then I will need an E flat and a rotary B flat (very likely to be schagerl) Then probably I will be looking for that g/f scherzer and only after that I will eventually look for a nat, cause I don't have one. Then I may search for a teacher, or explore it myself, who knows? I have basic knowledge of how things should work on nat (I had couple of lesson on nat at RNCM)
    I will need no less than 10 years to save up for all these instruments with my bulgarian wages (It can be less if I get an orchestra job in some western-europa orchestra in the meantime with a bigger salary) so I won't be playing on nat, unless TM decide to offer me one for free ROFL but I have received no such offers for the moment

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  2. annapurna

annapurna New Friend

Aug 10, 2006
    Germany
    Rowuk,

have you tried Thein trumpets? It semms that they are great horns.

Annapurna

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Hi Annapurna,
    yes, I have played several Thein instruments. The Höfs model seems to be very popular these days. I personally have never played one where I thought it defined the art of german trumpet building though. Top of my list for a new german Bb is Ricco Kühn (the 53) and the Lätzsch shown at the Musikmesse. The Lätzsch almost plays itself!

4. adonis74

adonis74 Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Palm Springs, CA
    Are these available worldwide? What's the web site or other contact?

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Too bad they don't offer Schlangenverzierung (snakes) on their trumpets!

6. adonis74

adonis74 Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Palm Springs, CA
    I want one of those that plays itself so I don't have to get tired doing so.