Rowuk is the biggest idiot here!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rowuk, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Gxman

Gxman Piano User

Jan 21, 2010
    Good advice on why its important to live a healthy lifestyle. Especially when it comes to the food we eat as most of this stuff is due to some neglect there.

2. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    I may be the biggest fool of all as I'm still married to my 2nd wife after 23 years.

3. Dr.Mark

Dr.Mark Mezzo Forte User

Apr 5, 2011
    Hi rowuk,
    You stated:
    "Rowuk is the biggest idiot here."
    Cool!! I've been awfully lonely stuck in the corner wearing a dunce's cap for being the former biggest idiot.
    Do we share caps or will you get your own? You can borrow mine if you like!
    Man, this is gonna be great!! I'll finally have someone to talk to!
    -----
    But seriously, I hope you get well soon. Your advice has helped many (including myself) and you always tell it like it is, even if it's not what the person want's to hear. You don't mince or massage the topic and to that I say, Bravo!!
    I think your advice can be summed up in three words: "Very Giftedly Undiplomatic"
    Take good care and God's speed in your recovery.
    Dr.Mark

4. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Ok...As one curmudgeonly roué to another. "Now go home and get you're [email protected]€#in shine box!!"

5. mike ansberry

mike ansberry Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    Hope you get your health back quickly!

6. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Sounds brutal, frustrating ... 3 months ... and since you know you are going to want to try to toot or buzz or something over before the next 3 months is up .. hide all those horns.. opps a suggestion... darn it ..
    Get well soon ( is that a suggestion too?)
    I once played a cantata and the guy playing first next to me kept grabbing his chest after every passage that was up in the register ... couldn't talk him out of handing over the first book .. I was worried he was having a heart attack... turns out it was the same condition as you described ... trumpet players a determined breed for sure.

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    MM,

I really do believe that the human body is built the way it is for a purpose. That being said, Omeprazol and Nexium do not seem to have any "negative" side except in my misguided belief that they provided 100% protection - my stupidity! I did adjust diet accordingly, but a scarred valve at the top of the stomach is serious business because cancer WILL happen if stomach acid gets into the esophagus too often.

I have been looking at other things however. The acid in our stomach is there for a reason and works together with enzymes to digest food. When we seriously inhibit the acid, only the enzymes and mechanical digestive processes are left. Funny (or not funny) enough, my blood sugar started to climb as I started to take Omeprazol. I am now full-fledged diabetic. I have researched this in detail and have found NO EVIDENCE that this has even been addressed by the pharmaceutical industry (cigarettes were healthy for a lot of years too.....). It is something that I will be watching closely as part of the operation was a fundaplicatio and I therefore should not need those pills any more. As I, like with my trumpet, only change one thing at a time, there should be some conclusive evidence based on a sample of "one" ;-) in the course of this year.

8. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Dave,

my recipe for life is like practicing the trumpet: you figure out what needs to go into the front side so that the right thing comes out of the back side. In this respect, the more trumpets that I have close to me, the better the solution. I may be an idiot but I am not stupid!

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Nahhhh, I'm still married to my FIRST wife after 38 years :shock:

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    And I have access to the counseling bills to prove it.