Rudy Muck Generation 2 Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by MUSICandCHARACTER, May 20, 2004.

1. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Alright folks, I must admit I am impressed by the Gen 2 Rudy Mucks.

I played on one that was a size a bit smaller than I was used to. I thought my tone would go down the tubes and it usually does with a smaller piece. I play a piece that is too big at times so I can get the tone I want, which hinders endurance.

A friend of mine asked me to get a Rudy Muck that he could try. I wanted to try them to, so I did. Wow. It was smaller, but with the "chambered throat" the tone was beautiful. Improved, in fact over my other bigger pieces. And the cushioned rim is sooooooo.... comfortable. When I first played it I over shot several high notes.

But most importantly it improved my tone! I didn't think a smaller piece could do that! I was convinced and became a Rudy Muck dealer (my store is a hobby, more or less, since I have a full-time day gig). I only sell products I truly believe in. This is one of them! Has anyone else tried the Gen 2 Mucks?

M&C

2. scanford

scanford New Friend

Jul 22, 2010
    i just buy one.i wainting for play it se what happend.i bought 19c is similar the told me 3cbach well not similar the size more on less...

3. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    By the 2nd generation are you talking about the ones that are tapered like a Stork piece or the bowl-shaped pieces? I have a Rudy Muck 15 S that is tapered and not bowl shaped (from the exterior, if this is getting confusing) which is the best mouthpiece for my Olds Recording. It gives it a real clean sound with a solid core. I have played a 19 C in the past, but it was the bowl type. I also had a 17 C in the tapered design that sounded great. i gave it away with a Courtois that I traded for the recording. I wish I still had that.

4. scanford

scanford New Friend

Jul 22, 2010
    really i dont know how mpc .they say cushion rim,for me that kind of mpc its completly new.i used to play giardinelli many years 6f rim 1c underpart,was confortable for me.but want to try other .i like big sound and flexibility i hope i like.i dont understan tapered or bowl.its coming one week going to tell you what happend.thanks

5. Norman Vigna

Norman Vigna New Friend

Jun 7, 2011
    Southern California
    I am looking to purchase a Rudy Muck mouthpiece. Where can I get to look at them? I have read there are 3 types. I want a medium deep for a richer tone but medium high register accessible. The thing I am reading look for a solution to my needs. I am a returning player after 15 years out.
    I live in Southern CA, and the Sam Ash stores list them but do not sell them except on special order with no returns. I don't think I want to do that if I am not sure about the feel.

Can any one give advise?

Norm
    73 Olds Super Star

6. JediYoda

JediYoda Mezzo Piano User

Sep 25, 2010
    State of Confusion
    I purchased a 2nd Generation Rudy Muck 19c mouthpiece!
    I am currently using it for everything!
    My tone is bigger and more focused.
    My upper register is easier.
    But to play in the upper register I need to use less pressure than with my previous mouthpiece.
    Also I believe the reason my sound is bigger is because the opening in the throat of the mouthpiece is a little larger!!

Also it has forced me to work on my endurance!

7. JediYoda

JediYoda Mezzo Piano User

Sep 25, 2010
    State of Confusion
    pictures would be nice.....since I bought my 19c less than 4 months ago i would have to say this is the latest incarnation of the 19c...whatever that may be...

8. study888

study888 Mezzo Forte User

Aug 22, 2005
    Darlington S.C.
    If these newer second generation ones have a V cup similar to the Stork mouthpieces. Would be interesting piece to try.