Rudy Muck trumpet mouth piece

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces' started by Vince, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Vince

Vince New Friend

Feb 22, 2009
    Newmarket, ON, Canada
    Hi everybody, I have started playing my ambassador cornet using a Rudy Muck cushion rim 13C mouthpiece. I love it! I have better range and most importantly endurance when I use it. Now I want one for my trumpet , it's a yamaha 6335.

Does anyone have any experience using a Rudy Muck mp on their trumpet and would you recommend I get a 13C or 17C?
    Looking forward to hearing your comments.

vince

2. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    What generation? Original or current?

Tom

3. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    I recently aquired a 13c and although the range is good, I don't like the sound I get. Very thin especially in the lower registers. I use a Wick 5 instead now.

4. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    I play a 19c older generation & it is shallow. I use it on a vintage COURTOIS. It too is good for upper registry. I like the feel, but will keep searching for a deeper one. I don't know much about the differences. I do like the balance. It seems despite it being shallow, the rim allows a good bite.

5. Vince

Vince New Friend

Feb 22, 2009
    Newmarket, ON, Canada
    Tom I assume it is an original due to its' age. I hope that there isn't a difference between the original and the current.

Vince

6. VetPsychWars

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    Do they look like this? I think this is after WWII that this blank was used. I don't play them because they don't work for me in my horns (they're all for sale, by the way). The S and M cups are quite different from the C cups.

Tom

[​IMG]

7. Vince

Vince New Friend

Feb 22, 2009
    Newmarket, ON, Canada
    Thanks for the picture. however they don't look like those. Mine doesn't look as nice for one thing. It has a bulkier cup body with three rings below the cup and all the lettering and numbers are stamped on in block letters.

Vince

8. VetPsychWars

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    Hm, that might be one of the modern reproductions. I think that "Rudy Mück Cushion Rim" is in script on the originals.

...which, not a big deal. If it works it works, right?

Tom