"Run Buddy Run"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Local 357, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Local 357

Local 357 Banned

Jul 1, 2011
    Run Buddy Run - YouTube

Episode 1 of 3 here: Run Buddy Run Short Lived Sitcom 1966 Part 1 Of 3 - YouTube

Great jazz trumpet player Jack Sheldon playing the part of Buddy Overstreet in 60's Comedy "Run Buddy Run"

I liked watching Buddy and wished that the show was continued but only lasted one season from Sept. 1966 to Jan. 1967. Or from about the time I started taking private trumpet lessons. I had no idea that "Buddy" was a trumpet player. Knew there was something I liked about him!

In the last episode, "Buddy Overstreet, Please Come Home", Mr. D is chased by taxauditors and faces potential financial ruin, and the secret of Chicken Little is revealed. This means that Buddy can return home, for he is no longer being pursued by Mr. D. from wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run,_Buddy,_Run

S
    ome times we have to exercise other talents just in order to make a buck and be able to play our trumpets.

2. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    So, did he also play on the sound track? Sounds like he would have enjoyed the music.

3. Local 357

Local 357 Banned

Jul 1, 2011
    I dunno but it sure sounds like his stuff. He and Brisbois were Mancini's go to trumpet players.