Running and trumpet playing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Aug 30, 2014.

1. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I have found myself reading food packages more so as of late. Rowuk made some comments concerning the effect of salt water on the chops when swimming and I have carried it over to sunblock lip balm, which is needed here in Southern California. I was chatting with a physical trainer about weight loss, running , and some diet choices. Her comment was brilliant, " If this is something you can do as a long term change in life style and it brings you the results you want, go for it" kind of like Robin's comment about structure.

2. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    I see people running with baby carriages and kids on bikes or zip wheels on the trail all the time, during my morning bike commute, kind of annoying, but admirable none-the-less.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yeah, I have a hard enough time walking --- so I admire those who can "overcome" the obstacles and keep running

4. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    what is really annoying is when that "30 something goes" zipping by you while pushing the stroller.. aaauuuggghhh

5. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    When I cycle to work in the finer weather I sometimes think I'm going along at a good clip, but then am disabused of this when riders looking half my age ride effortlessly by me (usually in the vicinity of the city's institute of sport). Okay, they're probably on bikes which weigh less than a coat-hanger with razor-thin tyres, and don't look as though they're embarrassed by lycra, but it does make me question my fitness level, or current potential.

Which reminds me: A middle-aged runner stops to rest, bent over, red-faced, heaving and coughing, and tells some concerned bystanders he is running to recover his lost youth. A short while later a teenage boy appears, telling his dad he can stop chasing him now.

--bumblebee

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Not when you still have the ability to catch up!

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    No using the Camaro Gary!! :D

8. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    My sister was talking to me about the running deal and is excited... that is my sister... it's also my sister to say hey you need to run the Boston Marathon .. so for grins I decide to look up the qualifying times need ... once again OMG 8:57 min mile pace for 26.+ miles ... I love my sister but right now my best half marathon is 10:49 min/miles ... it's going to be an interesting year :)

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    sounds like a good time you have --
    does your sister like good times?? --- you love her, and everyone loves KT ---- (did I mention I am single?) ROFL ROFL ROFL