Running out of liquid (upper lip)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by frankmike, Feb 12, 2010.

1. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    The sugar between your cheek and gum will also cause a healthy dental bill for the dentist.

2. scaramanga

scaramanga New Friend

Feb 27, 2010
    London
    Maybe you need to break up your practice a bit with more rest....

3. sonicgeo2

sonicgeo2 Pianissimo User

Exactly what I was about to say! A couple years ago I started implimenting practicing ten minutes on, ten minutes off, etc, and my practicing has improved ever since. I used to just practice until I got tired, take like two minutes off, then just keep pressing onward and my practice sessions weren't nearly as productive! Definitely something to consider!

4. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    I'll try it, 10 mins on, 10 mins off ten times during the day. its 100 minutes netto, 200 minutes brutto. I think I can squeeze it into my time sheet.

but what about warm-up, my warmup takes 10 minutes usually. hmm do I cut it down to 3 mins?

5. Ed Kennedy

Ed Kennedy Forte User

Nov 18, 2006
    Sugarless gum, recommended by a teacher for dry mouth due to nerves. Citrus is good too. I like the Maurice Andre idea.

6. scaramanga

scaramanga New Friend

Feb 27, 2010
    London
    I think you have to feel how the lips are responding - it will be different each day. But I would say rest after a few minutes in the warmup. Its also about what you are doing in the warm up.

7. abode91

abode91 New Friend

Mar 15, 2010
    Thanks guys you help me a lot when i have that problem i usually keep my water bottle next to me and just sip water now and then
    NOW I'm going to try that 190 min on and 10 min off and see what I'll improve

THANKS