Sachse

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tpter1, Oct 7, 2005.

1. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    I was looking at Sachse 100 Etudes, and noticed 2 editions: one published by International Music the other by Schirmer.

What's the difference, other than the fact that the International is edited by Herbst (and about $6.00)? Which copy do you own or should be bought first?

2. cornetguy

cornetguy Mezzo Forte User

Sep 12, 2005
    Saint Paul, MN
    Glenn

I own both and as far as I can see there is no difference, other then the intentionally blank page in the Schirmer is blank and the same page in the International is a commerical for the excerpt books. So either one is fine.

Enjoy the book

Franklin

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I don't know what G. Schirmer was thinking about when they chose to take up the publishing for that book. Same exact book for, as you say, conderably more money. Heck, that's two Rays cheese slices right there. Speaking of such more important subjects, I found a little place on Hennepin Avenue called "Golooney's" that serves the best doggoned pizza I've had in a while. Not that dumb midwest chain store "Pizza on a Cracker" stuff, but honest-to-G-d thinner moist crust, burn your mouth, greasy pizza. Actually, the pizza situation has improved here by leaps and bounds and naturally, so has my quality of life. Mikey, have you been there? Jimi, go check it out now that you're here.

ML

4. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Sachse - I still have my old green covered International edition. Boy, that book has been through the ringer. It looks like I ate some of that greasy pizza on it over the years.....along with some coffee stains. LOL

Manny, you should know by now, the secret to good NY pizza is in the water. :D I remember that cracker kind of pizza when I lived up your way as a kid. When I had it for the first, and last, time, I looked at my dad like, "what the heck is this suppose to be?" I think it was a pizza chain called "Shakey's" or something like that. They had an old player piano that was really cool, but their pizza was awful.

5. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    i have the green international version. the giv...sounds like a bible translation! :lol:

dj

6. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    So it looks like International is the way to go, then.

Now then, on to the issue of pizza! Even up here, we cannot get a good pizza. Growing up on Long Island, I remember watching guys hand toss pizza. Man...I'll never forget that. ONE slice could fill you up. Up here, there are places that don't even cut it the right way! And you can't buy it by the slice! A round pizza cut in squares? What's that about? Depressing. Kind of like delis. I miss those, too. (But my wife makes a mean pizza from scratch...maybe I can manage to pry the dough recipe from her!)

Thanks for the advice.