Sal Cracchiolo-riverside,CA-3/13/04 concert

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by mark935, Mar 10, 2004.

1. mark935

mark935 Pianissimo User

Jan 31, 2004
    Riverside,CA
    This Sat. night our university jazz ensemble is in concert with Sal Cracchiolo- a latin jazz trumpeter. 7:30pm.

He will play a few songs with us and then his group-- his wife and four rhythm section players will take over. I hear his music is a very unique latin bop style where his wife sings the melody in unison and then he takes over on flugel or trumpet.

One of our trumpet players will be going head to head on a song called "Tanga." I bet Sal is shaking in his boots. :)

We have a beautiful theater and campus and it's easy to get to. just south of the 91 frwy and 215 frwy. Exit University in Riverside,CA.

It should be a great night of trumpet solos. students/seniors $9/ gen. $15.tickets at UCR 909/787-4331.

I hope many of you will attend and say hello. (we've only sold 8 tickets so please come.)

mark manda
    Here's a link www.events.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/display.cgi?comp_id=2251:20040313193000

2. mark935

mark935 Pianissimo User

Jan 31, 2004
    Riverside,CA
    Just returned from the sound check.

This guy is on a different level.

What's cool is when he came up to the stage he was very friendly, smiled and waved back at the trumpet section, as if to say, "I'm one of you!"

What a nice change from the past when a couple pros didn't give the band a glance. Walked right by all of us...

Showtime coming up!