Santa is Comin clip

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by woo, Nov 29, 2005.

1. woo

woo New Friend

Oct 19, 2005
    Utah
    A song to give you some holiday cheer. The background music was from a midi file I found on the web then imported into Garageband (a most excellent Mac music program). Vocals are my son and embarassed to say me. Trumpet is on my recently acquired pre-UMI King Silver Flair. I did several takes to get the improv to flow. Just started to learn jazz about a year ago as a comeback player so bear with me.

Check it out for a laugh and some hoilday cheer from a struggling amateur.

Here is the link:
    http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=26103

Any constructive criticism is most appreciated.
    woo

2. rich

rich New Friend

Nov 15, 2003
    I'm downloading now and will listen... I use GB at school for various cut and paste with the backgrounds from our book and other files I have created and have messed around recording trumpet over a background... but only through the built in mic. My question is: What kind of mic and and apple device did you use to hook up to the computer?? I need to get something to record with at school as I want to let some of the better players make some CDs of themselves to share with family, etc.

thanks.

well, I downloaded but my pc won't play that file. :?:

3. woo

woo New Friend

Oct 19, 2005
    Utah
    Rich,
    I order to play the downloaded song, you need to have a player that can play mpeg4 files. Quicktime should be able to play the file.

In terms of mics etc., I use a G4 desktop Mac. I do not use the mic input unless I need to. Instead I use the MobilePre USB from M-Audio. It allows for two mic inputs via XLR, 1/4" or 1/8" inputs. It is also powered by the USB port so no extra wall wart. Small and portable. Also has phantom power for mic that need power. I use a Shure Beta 57A mic and mic the trumpet up quite close. The Shure mic are very durable. We use these for mic'ing horns at our live gigs. Works good for vocals as well. Email me if you have more questions. I've used this set up for the past couple of years. No problems at all.