Saturn Water Keys

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JNINWI, Jun 4, 2013.

1. JNINWI

JNINWI Piano User

Apr 26, 2011
    Earth
  2. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Yes, I had them on my Harrelson Bravura. They work fine, but I prefer Amado style myself.

3. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    I have them on 3 horns, Schlub Dingo, King Dizzy (ex-Harrelson, and my favourite Bach 37 L.

I like them, and they work well. Never had a problem.

4. ChopsGone

ChopsGone Forte User

Jan 26, 2009
    Northern California
    I have them on several horns, and prefer them (at least for functionality; they are sort of ugly on some horns).

5. JNINWI

JNINWI Piano User

Apr 26, 2011
    Earth
    Thanks Everyone, I think I'm going to give a set a try. Tired of replacing corks, and this just looks like a better design...
    Just not sure what it will do to the sound. So I'll have to try it and see ! I'll let everyone know......

6. Harky

Harky Pianissimo User

Feb 22, 2013
    Lancaster, PA
    I look forward to hearing from you on the Saturn key. Neither levers nor Amado devices are perfect. Please tell us how you like these as our often discussed N+1 theory not only applies to trumpets but everything associated with them. :-)

7. JNINWI

JNINWI Piano User

Apr 26, 2011
    Earth
    No problem ! Give me a bit as I have to get them ordered and placed on the horn, but I will get back to you on what I found. A friend of mine who is an instrument tech put them on his trombone and he is doing some fine tuning on them. He will put them on my horn so I figure he will have all the bugs worked out by the time mine arrive.

8. jmichaelhurt

jmichaelhurt Pianissimo User

Jul 18, 2010
    I love the Saturn water keys! You do have to be careful when installing them, especially on a c trumpet. If you put one on the 3rd slide a lot of the time you won't have enough clearance to kick out that slide. It ends up hitting the water key on the tuning slide. I've never had a problem with this on a Bb though. You can run into this problem on rotaries too. Otherwise this is a spectacular water key and I put them on all of my horns.