say NO to drugs

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by PhatmonB6, Jun 21, 2005.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
  2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Very chilling... My 14 year old son and I will watch that together TODAY!

ML

3. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    What was that that he kept yelling?

4. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    I think it was..ONCOMING!!!!.....as he is speeding thru traffic, along with some explicitives. :roll:

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    What is NOT stated in that article is that the lower mainland of British Columbia has been the WORLD'S highest auto theft area. This program (bait cars) was designed to cut that back and the fact that they got a meth user was both a lucky "double-header" as well as "just a matter of time". The program has now been extended to the entire province of British Columbia and I'm betting it is only a matter of time before it comes to "a neighbourhood near you".

Indeed a scary situation. We've been watching reruns of this on TV for the past two weeks now.

I'm thinking that it is more a telling statement of the kinds of drugs & useage of them than it is of car theft. I went to a seminar (hosted by the local police department specifically for our company) recently where they stated that 50% of FIRST TIME users become addicted and 90% of second time users. KEEP YOUR KIDS AWAY FROM IT AT ALL COSTS!

6. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

An effective program from the 70's in Detroit was stopped by the libs because of the stupidity of the police that were, as usual, getting too impressed with their own importance. It was called
    Stop the Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets or STRESS.

If we hadn't let liberal judges make someone a criminal for defending their own property we would all be a lot better off.

They hung horse thieves didn't they?

7. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Wouldn't that be hanged?

8. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Hanged sounds Un-American

9. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    I'd say "hanged" sounds more american ("haynged"?) - I would say "hung".

What's meths - glue sniffing (methylated spirits sniffing?) or something like that?

10. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Meth is Crystal Methamphetamine, Crank, Speed, etc.

BTW -- Hanged is what is done to a person, hung is done to an object (e.g. I hung my coat)