Scales with fingerings?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TheApostlePaul, Apr 17, 2007.

1. TheApostlePaul

TheApostlePaul New Friend

Apr 12, 2007
    The center of my universe
    Hi folks,

I am wondering if anyone can point me toward some scale charts on the web that include the fingerings for each note.

Cheers,

Paul

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    If you are at this stage of learning trumpet I recommend you go out and buy yourself a copy of Arbans. It has the fingerings in it and graduated exercises that range from "day 1 beginner" to "fully-qualified professional".

A heck of a lot better investment than buying another mouthpiece!

3. Daniel Nole

Daniel Nole New Friend

Mar 29, 2007
    Switzerland
  4. adonis74

adonis74 Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Palm Springs, CA

5. Daniel Nole

Daniel Nole New Friend

Mar 29, 2007
    Switzerland
  6. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    You can find finger charts as well as this note trainer here:
    Brass Trainer

7. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    go to 8notes.com

8. adonis74

adonis74 Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Palm Springs, CA
    This a nice web site, but it doesn't seem to have what the original question asked for--all the scales with all the trumpet fingering for those scales.

So far, no one has provided a reference for that. The only solution seems to be to take scales and insert one's own fingering notations, or make up the scales from scratch with the fingering in.

The assumption seems to be that fingering can be given one time in isolated exercises and it is from then on cemented in the mind and fingers, so there's no need to have finger-marked scales even for reference.

9. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    ALLRIGHT!!!!!!

I got 67 out of 100!!!! :thumbsup:

-cw-

10. Bennem

Bennem New Friend

May 6, 2005
    UK
    The fingerings within Arban are more than sufficient for someone starting out on the trumpet as they encompass the "normal" range of the trumpet/cornet.

The reason you cannot find what you are looking for is that most tutors assume that you will learn a particular fingering e.g. G# 2+3 by doing some exercises using that note and then you will have learned that fingering. OK you will need to remind yourself of that fingering when you next bump into it but you will remember what you are doing.

To get what you want there is no harm in getting all the scales which are available from many websites, print them out and then get the first page of arban and refer from one to the other and write the fingerings out underneath. It's a bit of work but it is also a learning experience where you will start to recognise the fingering patterns as you write them out.