Scales

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    KC you'd be right if you guessed your attachment would not work whereas it didn't.

2. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    odd as I selected image and then uploaded the file so it should work... and it was a png not a jpg file.

Chromatic Scale-1.jpg

3. mctrumpet98

mctrumpet98 Pianissimo User

Sep 29, 2011
    Down Under
    It still ain't working KC.

4. mtbevins

mtbevins Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
  5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Don't worry about it. Just think of it as B Major (only 5 sharps!) :D

6. shofar-blast

shofar-blast New Friend

Mar 25, 2007
    Kentucky
    I play bass and trumpet (sometimes, though more often lately) at my church. The Worship Leader has a lower voice so they take advantage of the digital keyboard's ability to lower the pitch a few steps. (Sometimes they go too low.) So, you might be looking at music or chord chart that is in G but you are playing it in Eb. On bass I have taken to using my version of the Nashville Numbering system where you number the chords. In the key of C - 1 is C, 2 is Dm, 3 is Em, 4 is F, 5 is G, 6 is Am, 7 is Bdim, and back to 1. Using this system you can play in any key if you know the scale pattern on the bass fretboard.

On the trumpet, it's no problem since I have been playing all the scales in my warmup everyday since 3rd year of college (30 years ago). If I didn't know all the scales frontward and backward I would be in a fix since you never know what key a song will be in.

I like the challenge... :roll: