Scam

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by dcstep, Dec 25, 2003.

1. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    I've got a GR mouthpiece for sale here, at TrumpetHerald and at the GR site. It's NOT on Ebay, so far as I know, but I received a scam offer that follows. I read about this type of thing in the Wall Street Journal or Forbes, I believe. They usually go for expensive stuff, but my mouthpiece probably attracted attention because it's gold plated. Of course, their check bounces AND they keep your piece. Watch out, they're in our midst (probably reading this today).

Is there some law enforcement agency that might have jurisdiction and interest in this type of thing?:

"Hello Seller,

I am interested in buying your above
    mentioned gold plated GR66LX in medium weight Studio blank at advertised rate, if still available. Good to be shipped to London. Cost and modalities of shipping to be borne by me.

Payment for the purchase is by check through a associates of mine in US.

The associates owes me higher than our
    purchase. He will therefore be sending you a check for $3,500 to cover the cost of my order, as well as the Shipping costs.

On receipt of the check, you will cash and deduct the cost of my order .The balance you will send as I would instruct you to the Agency that will ship the Goods to me. If this arrangement suites you fine,please send
    me your address where I can send the cheque, as well as the name that will be on it. Also send me your phone number for easy communication.

Awaiting your immediate response,

Best Regards.
    Larry Tosin.."

2. Japle

Japle Pianissimo User

Nov 15, 2003
    Cape Canaveral
    Get an address and phone number if possible and foward to the London cops.