Scary problem?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Hitman0042, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Decentplayer

Decentplayer Mezzo Forte User

Jan 11, 2008
    USA
    May I ask how old you are?? Don't get discouraged yet. You're only still learning yet. Take it as it comes, you might not want to play later, but, so what. Don't worry about tomorrow, live today.

2. cobragamer

cobragamer Pianissimo User

Jan 26, 2008
    Raleigh,NC
    Trumpet is not just something you get out of comepletly. It not only teaches you how to be a good musician but hopefully you will have a life long appreciation for music

3. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

'If you want to whine, you are in the wrong place.' -rowuk

:-?

:lol:

-Don't mind Robin Hitman. He's a Pro, and teaches too.. if that wasn't already clear from the 'whining' thing. :) -He's let it be known that he himself, was taught Trumpet like he was the 'Red-Headed Step-Child'. I haven't heard'm play but i suspect he kicks some ass and takes some names.

Given your avatar- i'd bet you all will be some fast-friends. He's taught me more than he knows; as most of his students would likely say, given the opportunity.

C

-

4. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    lol thanks for the answers. im 16 years old.

5. stradguy

stradguy Pianissimo User

Jan 13, 2007
    Montevallo,Alabama
    if you like playing the trumpet now you are going to like playing it 15 years from now, you can never stop learning the trumpet. Thats the fun thing about it, you never get bored of it

6. stradguy

stradguy Pianissimo User

Jan 13, 2007
    Montevallo,Alabama
    And im 15 and have been playing since 6th grade so i know how you feel, I wasnt crazy about the trumpet when i started, i just started because both my sisters played in band so i thought i would give it a go. And about two years later i fell in love with the trumpet. i plan to major in music when i get into college and teach and perform music for the rest of my life, so you never know, that $200 trumpet might start a new lifestyle for you

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Hell's Bells - that would be an instrument hard to hold - unless you could get a lightweight piano - and how would you work out the mouthpiece combination?

8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Seriously Mr Hitman,

IF (and notice that it's a big IF) at some point in the future (bearing in mind that your future is now much longer than mine) you decide that the trumpet is not for you, may I suggest that you simply place your old horn in the cupboard (maybe at your Mum's (Mom's) if that is possible.

Leave strict instructions that it be kept for your kids, and who knows, you may change your mind, like I did, and return to it and rediscover the joy say 37 years down the track.

Lots of us at TM have been there and done that, so WE know what is happening here. In the meantime, do a Snoopy and release yourself with "abandon" and "trumpet for the moment".:play::play::play::thumbsup:

9. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    There are worse things to try out and then "grow out of" or just abandon than trumpet. We can learn from just about everything we do (except this Vulgano still gets taught the same lessons over and over...), so it won't be a waste of time if you learn something from it.

10. mrmusicnotes

mrmusicnotes Piano User

Nov 11, 2007
    N.Y.C.
    Hitman,Havn't you heard the saying "its better to have loved and lost then to not have loved at all".Life itself is an ongoing leaning experience relax and enjoy the ride.Don"t worry about what ifs.Look, I played trumpet in the 7th and 8th grade,quit and threw the trumpet in moms attic,25yrs.later my mom got sick and had to sell the house.She told me to pick up what I wanted before selling the house and one of those items was the trumpet.That was ten years ago and I havn:t put it down since.The trumpet is not one of the most popular instruments around,especially these day.Most kids your age want to play drums and guitars,so that in itself tells me your one of us,even if you quit you"ll be back you trumpet geek!Don"t worry Hitman, that a great thing to be