Schagerl horns

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Artemisia, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Artemisia

Artemisia Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2009
    Austria
    Does anybody here know them? *lol*

2. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    I do...so do Rowuk and Ed Carrol...and probably many others...what's the real question?

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Artemisia,
    you are from Austria, the land of Schagerl and Lechner. The best advice is to go play them and let US know what you think. I am familiar with almost the whole range and will only say, make sure that you buy yours from a reputable dealer. My experience shows that you may need them within the first year.

4. Artemisia

Jan 24, 2009
    Austria
    :shock: Wtf is wrong with these trumpets? :shock: .. :-?

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    A,
    let's just say that there are certain things in life that need tender loving care from time to time. I didn't say that anything was wrong with them. I just said make sure that you have a good dealer. Certain products are best bought from dealers that the manufacturer takes seriously. Schagerl is one of those products. I know of no exceptions.

6. Artemisia

Jan 24, 2009
    Austria
    Well, if I do buy a Schagerl trumpet, I'll buy it at their "headquarters" ... right in the middle of nowhere in Lower Austria. ;) It's not that far away from where I live (about 1 1/2 hours by car) and given the fact that you're allowed to test the horn(s) by doing some test playing before purchasing, I guess it's worth the ride.