WTS: Schilke B5 in great condition

Discussion in 'Bb Trumpets' started by vlin219, Mar 26, 2016.

1. vlin219

vlin219 New Friend

Sep 5, 2014
    Dear all,

I have here for sale my Schilke B5 in silver. Serial number #34636. I bought this horn brand new in 1993, from one of the online retailer at the time.

This is a low mileage horn and in great condition. Silver plating is 100%, valves are tight and fast with great compression. Slides are smooth. I use BiNak Pro valve oil and BiNak slide grease. This valve oil is not the lightest lubricant, but it does the job well. This horn received a chemical clean, along with a dent removal at the leadpipe, done by Jim Becker at Osmun, last year. Overall, it functions 100%, and looks pretty darn good. A small dent at the bell pipe facing left near the brace to the leadpipe. As mentioned, another dent at leadpipe was removed while receiving chemical clean. Other than these two places (one taken care of), there are only minor scratches or swirls only. Nothing worth mentioning, or can be noticed.

I ususlly run warm water through the horn every week. Use brush and warm soap water to clean the horn a couple of times a year. Over the years, I only use Tarni-Shield to shine this trumpet - probably 3 times over 23 years. The last time happened just last week to prepare for selling.

I am a comeback player. I bought this horn 23 years ago, a couple of months after I received my first paycheck. I used to have a B5 in college, but I sold it to a trumpet playing friend when I needed the money to pay my graduate school tuition. So it was great to get another B5 back when I was able to. Over the years, I only played wind concerts in community band, and some solo works in church. I take great care of this horn, and it shows with the great condition this horn has.

The reason for selling? Well, I lost my job a couple of months ago. I found another Yamaha trumpet (vintage-ish, YTR-739T) in great condition. I even posted pictures of this new horn in Eye-Candy thread. This Schilke B5 shown in a couple of pictures in this post was before the shine. If you look at these pictures, you can imagine why I think I can use this Yamaha instead and make some good use of the money by selling this Schilke.

So the deal - I am thinking the price at $1,500 paypaled and shipped in Continental US. Horn only. Wrapped in bubble sheet, and shipped in a carton full of popcorn and other fillers. According to what I heard from many experts, this is the best and securest way of shipping a horn. It will be shipped via USPS Priority with tracking. So it is secure.

Here are some photos of the horn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photobucket album is also available here.
    Schilke B5 For Sale - 2016 by Vincent Lin | Photobucket

Again, the price is set at $1,500 paypaled and shipped within Continental US via USPS Priority Mail with Tracking. Shipping to international destinations (HI and AK included) is extra. Please contact me first and I can check it for you at local post office. My email is {vlin0909 at gmail dot com}. I am located in Wayland, MA. Locals are welcome to test blow the horn, and come see my amazing YTR-739T. Email me and we can schedule.

2. vlin219

vlin219 New Friend

Sep 5, 2014
    weekend bump!!

No interests in this gorgeous classic Shilke B5?

Vincent

3. vlin219

vlin219 New Friend

Sep 5, 2014
    BUMP!!

Vincent

4. vlin219

vlin219 New Friend

Sep 5, 2014
    Bumppy bumppy

Offers welcome too.

Thanks.