Schilke S42 or B6

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Johnathan Barnett, May 20, 2004.

1. Johnathan Barnett

Johnathan Barnett New Friend

Apr 1, 2004
    Do any of you Schilke guys have a S42 or B6 laying around that you might want to get rid of? I have posted this in a couple of places and thought I would give it one more try in the Schilke forum before buying a new one.

I have a one year old Schilke X3 that I would like to trade for an S42 or B6.

Thanks.

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Sorry, no B6 or S42 here, but I'm curious. What do you think that the B6 or S42 are going to give you that the X3 isn't? What are you looking for in a horn?

3. Johnathan Barnett

Johnathan Barnett New Friend

Apr 1, 2004
    Good question and the answer is I don't know but would like to find out. I would like to try both the S42 and the B6 in different playing situations. I don't think anyone would let me borrow theirs to try for a month or so. If anyone does, I'll take good care of it. :D I am looking for a good big band and rock band horn. However, I still need to play church solos. I like the bright side of Schilkes so maybe the S42 would be too dark. I don't know so I would like to try one for awhile to find out. The B6 might be great for solos, the S42 might be better for lead, etc. I might find the X3 does everything I want it to better than anything else. Then again I might find the B6 or S42 does everything better. Then again I might find one horn better for a certain style than the other. I am just curious more than anything. If I would pick one horn or two then I would like to try the same in a tunable bell, then the same in a tunable beryllium bell. Again just some experiments.

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Find someone with some inventory and go try 'em all "side-by-side"! Honestly, it's the only way.