Scottish Trumpet festival and competition June 2010

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmtrumpet, Feb 10, 2009.

1. gmtrumpet

gmtrumpet New Friend

Feb 10, 2009
    Elgin, Scotland
    Hi Ewan,

Age cut off now gone, practise away!

Glenn

2. ewanmains

ewanmains Piano User

Jun 9, 2009
    Kilmarnock, UK
    gulp - does that mean I don't have an excuse any more?

thanks Glenn!

:play:

3. vern

vern Piano User

Mar 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Glenn,

thanks for the post. I hope to visit Scotland sometime soon to trace the family roots... Is it safe to assume this will be an annual event?

Vern

4. gmtrumpet

gmtrumpet New Friend

Feb 10, 2009
    Elgin, Scotland
    Hi Vern,

It is hoped to hold the event every 2nd year if all goes well this year. We still have plenty of space for this year if you want to come along.

glenn

5. hugo quintana

hugo quintana New Friend

Jan 6, 2010
    hi everybody mi name is victor from juarez mexico i"m looking for the piano part of the concert etude of alexander goedieke and i needed for mi graduatiion recital if any of you heavit please sendit to mi these is mi email [email protected] i will realy apreciate thanx guys

6. ewanmains

ewanmains Piano User

Jun 9, 2009
    Kilmarnock, UK
    Hi Guys,

Still plenty of places left for this! We've got masterclasses & concerts from some great names - Derek Watkins, Adam Rapa, Andrea Tofanelli, Ryan Quigley, Laurie Gargan, R Dale Olsen, John Wallace, Frank Hansen, Nathaniel Mayfield, Georgina Bromilow, Noel Langley, Tom McNiven, as well as talks from Terry Warburton on P.E.T.E and Buzzmaster, Derek Watkins & Richard Smith.

Trumpet competition as well - with a free Kanstul 1537-P horn for the winner & cash prizes for 2nd & 3rd place.

All this, plus the great countryside & hospitality in Elgin in sunny Scotland! Great company, great food, great whisky as well as GREAT TRUMPETS!

Book your tickets online now through the SiFT Website below!

Register & buy tickets here:
    Scottish International Festival of Trumpets - 2010

View the rest of the site here:
    Scottish International Festival of Trumpets - 2010

Great video of Andrea Tofanelli playing an F above Triple C as well on the site!