Screamer mouthpiece playing mid range notes quite qietly.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SmoothOperator, Dec 2, 2011.

1. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    Recently I have ordered the Kelly Screamer Mouthpiece. Why? you might ask. Well, because they look fun. Anyway I am going to have to say their is truth in advertising. One thing I am surprised and quite pleased about is that it seems really easy to play quietly:shock::roll::cool: in and below the staff, it is almost as if there is some truth to that saying that playing high is very similar to playing quietly. Well so far not bad for a toy.

2. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    What do you think about the comfort? When I tried one, I was amazed at how good it felt on my lips. Since then I've thought some about delrin/lexan mouthpieces.

3. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    Lexan seems to have a bit more of a grip. I do jet-tone anyway, which are known for comfortable rims. However for the high-notes, there is noticeably less pressure, which feels good.

I wonder if there is anyway to get my clear orange to light up, maybe mounting an LED under it, or using a black light.

4. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    That would be cool!

5. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    you could drill a small recessed pit on the outside of the cup to attach an LED, then maybe rig up a sensor that triggers the light when it hears a certain frequency... say a double C!
    You could sell 10000 of them to high school kids. it's no accident they named it the "screamer"... they know who their target demographic is.