Screaming with the TCE

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by EggNoggin, Aug 13, 2010.

1. EggNoggin

EggNoggin New Friend

Aug 13, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah, I realized that after thinking about it for a while. No change will be made. :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. JOEMAG3

JOEMAG3 New Friend

Nov 4, 2010
    Yes, it is possible to scream really loud with the TCE. I have studied with Jerome Callet in NY, who teaches this embouchure can scream effortlessly.

Whether the TCE is for you or not is a personal preference. I have tried it for years. I get better but still suck at high notes. Everyone is different, with different levels of natural talent. I'd take a few lessons and see if it helps. If it doesn't, go back to doing what you were doing.

A side note to the some of the replies I've read here. Guys, be nice. The sour comments and cynicism I have read in this thread are demoralizing, at best - mean-spirited, at worst. This kid is in High School, for cryin' out loud. He asked a simple question and was questioned for asking the question ("Is a bright piercing sound something you REALLY want?" Geez...) He needs our support, not our baggage.

Or, perhaps there is something to this old joke?

"What does a trumpet player use for birth control? Answer - His personality."

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    JOEMAG3 - caution, when making jokes and opening old threads (this thread is 3 months old) -- otherwise Rowuk will tell you "nobody cares about an old post" and wolfmann will ignore your "schill" posts and claim you have an identity problem --- LOL

4. reedy

reedy Piano User

Jul 31, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK
    Just read through this thread and there are some good advice here but you said about your youtube channel I had a look and could only find one video of you...
    YouTube - My Blue Devils Audition

was that really your audition?.....

ive never really messed around with embo's apart from one known to NickD as the high-low gear, where basically you develop a second emobo around your natural one and basically all that happens is you bring your bottom lip up to create a smaller appiture its taken from Walt Johnsons book double top C in ten Minutes.... hasent worked for me yet, but it has some brilliant high range studies, the high gear hasent really added any extra notes but I feel when using it my 'top few' notes are alot easier and im using less pressure so must be working.....

I hear the wedge is another good embo for lead players although I really dont know anything about it

here is Nick explaining the high low gear
    YouTube - Hi Gear Lo Gear