Seasons over, Schools out, now what?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by amtrpt, Jun 14, 2008.

1. timothypierson

timothypierson Pianissimo User

Feb 20, 2005
    I'm playing a summer production of "Hello Dolly". Most of the string section are members of the Eugene Symphony. I'm playing 2nd and the lead has recently retired from the symphony and was one of my former teachers. Other than that I'm working taking some lessons.

This fall I will be majoring in accounting. Most of my core music classes are done and I made it to the junior level in studio. I thought about Music Ed. but decided it wasn't for me. Teaching should be a passion in and of itself and not something to fall back on. I am still studying with my studio teacher but instead of music ed courses, I'll take accouniting courses. I enjoy crunching numbers so it will be a nice balance for me.

My long term plan is to start a small business, work my rear off during tax season. Freelance on the side and maybe teach privately.
    I got a little off subject but thought I would add that in.

2. Trevor_D

Trevor_D New Friend

Apr 4, 2008
    Thanks for the kind wishes everyone! I suppose I have a new goal for the summer... get the chops back into shape! wedding/honeymoon stuff took a toll, but the break sure was nice!

3. Trumpet Dad

Trumpet Dad Pianissimo User

Jun 20, 2008
    New Jersey, USA
    Going to Kinhaven Music School in Vermont for two weeks this August. Anybody else going or have been there?