"Seek a mouthpiece to provide results.."

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by dbacon, Dec 26, 2003.

1. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    "."

2. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    "."

3. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Dave, are you posting other peoples' quotes or are these your views?

I don't know that guy at tpin, but Mike Vax certainly uses a mouthpiece (or two) appropriate for his trumpeting. Mike's not playing a 1 1/2C anymore, despite the dire warnings of his high school instructor. He plays a piece that's matched to him, his horn and his music.

Dave

4. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    Just interesting views from two fine trumpet players. Jim Klages is a marvelous player and teaches at the University level. Mike of course played the 13A4A for years, plays a Yamaha Vax signature model that has changed a little bit for him. Both players have an opinion I thought would be helpful.

5. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    "."

6. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Dave, it looks like you're trying to create "discussions" by lifting quotes out of context. That might be a ligitimate way to initiate a discussion, but at some point it becomes confusing, rendering a thread that isn't really a thread. We all know how to read those other forums. Be patient, TrumpetMaster will eventually develop some momentum of its own. I think that these quotes of others should be limited to like one initial post, OR, when there's a live discussion in process to add relevant thoughts from another forum (properly crediting the originator).

I think you're doing fine at generating some topic, but if they don't catch fire on their own, I think it'd be best to let them die and move to another discussion topic.

Thanks for your efforts. ;-)

Dave

7. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Is this perhaps not an issue for the moderators to discuss with TM? So far I see one lone voice crying out in the wilderness about how appropriate (or not) the quoted messages are and lots of voices saying how useful the messages might be. I'm not taking sides but if you apparently feel this is a really serious issue, so let's "get it on the table" and find out if it is fish or fowl.

TM? What say you?

8. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana
    It is obvious that Dave is doing whatever he can to put some actual interesting content on this site. Since no one on TM seems to be interested in talking about trumpet playing, he has no choice but to import content from other, more lively and vital sites.

Dave, I admire what you're attempting and your dogged perseverance, but you must remember that most of the people here don't seem to be interested. This is a gearhead site, and that is fine. It obviously fills a need for some people that the other sites do not fill.

Fortunately there is still a ton of good musical trumpet playing talk other places on the net.

9. RG111

RG111 Piano User

Nov 12, 2003
    David,
    I enjoy all the great information you post, and appreciate all the time it must take for you to do so. I am not a big poster, but I am an avid reader!
    Thank you!
    Roy

10. latinjazzcat

latinjazzcat Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    West Virginia
    Just want to second Roy on that....I find the information very interesting and valuable, and I certainly don't feel that it's a problem. Thanks.