Seeking: The Prescott Technic System Part II

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Rushtucky, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Rushtucky

Rushtucky Pianissimo User

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Need your help and/or assistance. One of my method books was "accidentally" destroyed via my dog. I am trying to get another book or a copy of:

The Prescott Technic System for The Arban Methods - Part II
    by Gerald R. Prescott.

I have Part 1.

I have search Amazon, contacted Alfred Music and J. Pepper. All without any success. This is an old book that contains the lesson plans for using the Arban's Method Book.

Hope you can help.

2. chenzo

chenzo Piano User

Jul 18, 2008
    Aust
    Sounds like the old timed excuse my home-work was detroyed by my dog
    :lol::lol:

Cheers Chenzo

3. Rushtucky

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    What can I say...he chose to chew on it and obliterated it. Never had that problem with any of my homework. Always turned in promptly and completed. Even after doing "research" of the emporiums around campus and "testing" the various varieties of libations available.

4. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Pianissimo User

Apr 7, 2010
    Canada
    I am interested too..... let me know when you find out!

DK

5. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    There's a combined volume on ebay right now.

Tom

6. Rushtucky

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Tom,

Thanks, however that is not the original Prescott Method. There are two volumes/books. Part I and Part II both unique in themselves.

The volume on eBay is a later book that just has selected exercies and not a scheuled program for learning the Arbans Method.

George

7. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    I have recent found a dissertation on the Prescott Technic System which is in *.pdf formate. The dissertation analyses parts 1 and 2 and makes recommendations for improvements. The BEST part is that the complete system is included in the appendix. PM me and I can work out a way to get it to you.

BrotherBACH

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Does it have an ISBN number, if its still legible?

9. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    No ISBN number. But it is copyrighted material that can only be used for educational purposes, not for resale or profit. The outlines are in small print of course but I can read them clearly.

BrotherBACH

10. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    I just talked to my instructor about this last night. I was asking about ways to step through the Arbans manual and he told me about the Prescott Technic System and told me it was out of print and probably very hard to find but that he had used it many years ago. I saw a copy available for sale and ordered one last night but not sure if this is inclusive or how many editions were made. e.g. I thought that there were 2 different books that would take you through ~12 years of trumpet study, at least from some research that I did, but not sure how 12 years would be defined if it was high school level or progressive from 1st year to 12th year, or what. The following book appears to be for the first 2 years of study. So I guess I would ask to the forum... is this the "Prescott system" that I am looking for and how far did the Prescott system progress?
    https://www.cahousemusic.com/p-59998-arban-prescott-first-and-second-year.aspx

I would like to find out more about the Prescott system from others that have used it and to what level of success or help it provided or how useful it has been.