Selmer

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by reedy, Jan 12, 2011.

1. reedy

reedy Piano User

Jul 31, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK
    Wonder why they sopped then.... Ive heard some really really good things about all of them, I love my new TT, cant stop picking it up and playing it :D

2. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    I've heard lots of good things about the TT as well. JonPetter had some good words about it, then I believe he sold it to get a Van Laar. If I remember, he caught a video of Arturto playing one. I wanted to get one but they are kinda pricey and I didn't believe that, at my level, I had reason to throw that much at a horn. Truth is, my old trusted Yammie is a decent instrument, as was confirmed by my teacher. Plus, when one shows up with a pro horn, everybody expects him to play like a pro:-o

Got a radial instead, it's at Anderson now being overhauled and plated. However, TTs are starting to show up on e-bay at more reasonable prices. At least they were, dunno what the trend is going to be now...

3. krmanning

krmanning Pianissimo User

Apr 18, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    If you link to Selmer Paris from the Selmer-Conn (USA) website, there is no mention of any brass instruments. But if you go directly to Henri Selmer Paris (Henri Selmer Paris), there are multiple trumpets shown. Maybe this is just a decision by the American company?

4. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I spoke with Jeff Christiana, director of marketing at Conn-Selmer at NAMM and he told me that Selmar would no longer be making trumpets as of January of this year and what has already been made is what's left and after that stock is gone that is it.

5. hahkeystah

hahkeystah Piano User

Jan 12, 2011
    Charlottesville, VA
    alas the death of another fine brass line. *sigh*:sorry:

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I hope all of the brand blind get a guilty conscience.