Senior Pictures

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by mheffernen5, Oct 9, 2004.

1. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Cool. Are you looking forward to graduation and college?

If I could re-live my high school years, I would have busted my butt working on fundamentals instead of just screwing around practicing what came easy. You have the rest of your senior year. Get to it! ;)

3. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

Well...in some ways I am ready to get out of high school because of our Catholic high school policies that are plain stupid. I think I am going to do a business college because I want to be a secretary.

4. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Be sure to enjoy your senior year. College is a completely different animal. Of course, if you hate your senior class as much as I hated mine, you might find you love college better. Theres a LOT more pressure, though. I am due for a nervous breakdown any day now, lol.

I didnt put any effort in my playing until this high-cost, private, Baptist college I had applied to AS A JOKE offered me a FULL TUITION RIDE from an AUDITION TAPE. It really was the reason I started caring about my playing. Something like that really makes you sit back and go "WOW, theres more to this little piece of metal than I thought. I could maybe do something, go places with this thing..."

Of course, now I have discovered I have to relearn what I learned (Kind of like Music Theory), and BOY thats a bummer! Then again, there are a lot of advantages to starting from scratch again. I'll be able to correct mistakes early-on, and I really believe the whole experience will be a good one. Also, finally having an instructor with the experience and trumpet-playing prowess of Mr. Suska will really allow me to improve at a pace I have desired. Maybe I'll finally get that tone I've always envisioned in my head...

BTW, Molly, you still plan on playing trumpet in college, right?

Van