Sergei Nakariakov interview

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by _TrumpeT_, Nov 15, 2006.

1. _TrumpeT_

_TrumpeT_ Piano User

Apr 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  2. trpt2345

trpt2345 Mezzo Forte User

May 21, 2006
    Morelia, Mexico
    I am sort of acquainted my Wynton's youngest brother, the drummer Jason, and when I go to New Orleans I usually try to look him up when he's not on the road. (He was in Japan when Katrina hit, and his set of vibes got wet, but most of his stuff was on the second floor so he got through better than many). I remember one time talking about Sergei with him, and he said Delfeayo called him up once late at night and said, man, you have to hear this Russian trumpet dude, he's better than Wynton! And maybe he is and maybe he's not, but he's awfully damn good. And he does everything on Bb!

Michael Mclaughlin

I know I'm ugly, one morning when I was putting on my underwear I heard the Fruit of the Loom guys laughing.

Rodney Dangerfield

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I saw Nakariakov yesterday in Frankfurt, Germany. He played the Arutunian with the St. Petersburg (Russia) Symphony.
    STELLAR PERFORMANCE! His posture leaves a lot to be desired however. No encore :-(
    The Concerto was sandwiched by Tchaikowsy overture to Romeo and Juliett and Rimsky-Korsakov Scheherazade. Some really fine brass playing(the rest of the orchestra was also fine!).

4. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Twenty-three years old. It's stupefying.

Regards,

Richard Oliver

5. averagejoe

averagejoe Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    He's 28 now...although there is no date listed in the article, it was apparently written in 2001. It mentions his "No Limit" CD (released in '01), and the following quote is the tipoff:

Great interview!

Paul

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006