Sexism

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bamajazzlady, Dec 20, 2012.

1. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    women are notoriously good at "balance", and that is why you see the "balance beam" in gymnastics, and you see the "strength" element of the rings and the pommel horse in MENS gymnastics ---- although, it is my feeling that WOMEN add balance to the trumpet, and music in general -----------------------

KT, Balance? Balance Beam? Ask yourself why the men don't do balance beam.........then try it yourself if you haven't already..........
    Hey, of course they may have great balance, but this statement may be one of your most far fetched ones to date.........one of the top 300 anyway.:roll:

2. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Well Sir, you try the balance beam and slip, you'll be singing an octave higher, let alone playing.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    WELL BIGDUB AND CONNTRIBUTION --- you blokes might want to consult your doctor's or do your research before you slam ole KT here. you also might want GM, or TrumpetMD to explain some things to you like (ANATOMICAL KINESIOLOGY, and lower center of gravity (CG) that is found in women --- (wider at the hips makes stable ships, while wider at the mast, you will never be able to last) ----- here let me explain it to you BLOKES!!!! --- women are traditionally built more massive in the hips, thighs and lower regions of the body --- hence they have a lower center of gravity --- and they traditionally have more balance. ((WHILE guys are traditionally broader at the shoulders, and they tip over EASIER than women)
    there is your educational tips for the day ---- and you guys might want to use a cup when you walk on a log or a balance beam -- this might help alleviate your FEAR OF FALLING - ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Granted. There is a difference anatomically betwixt the sexes, thank the Gods. No slam intended, old Sport. I think you may be a tad hypersensitive to our bizarre, yet topical sense of humor.
    Yet whatever conntributions Brother Dub and I have essayed here certainly pales in comparison to your richly worded and highly alliterative, yet self-driven posts.

5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Getting back to your original assertion, that the females have better "balance" and your somehow disconnected connection to their trumpet playing being better balanced is where I seem to have been left outside the realm of reasoning.
    On the subject of the anatomical advantage women have in regards to their center of balance, I agree 100% and yes, there are many, many differences between us and women. Saying there aren't is a foolish and baseless comment (I didn't say you made that comment). Now go ahead and play on the balance beam, why don't you........let me know how it goes. As for my education, I am very thankful you are not providing it for me:D

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Balance... Balance you say... and women... There is ONLY ONE way I know to determine a balanced woman... Witch way is that? Well let's go to the source:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmF_yXQkVh0

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Men are more broad beamed?:dontknow:

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yes, and that is NOT entirely true!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    you blokes just can't understand the humerous (humorus) side of Ole KT here -- and my interesting anecdotes ---- so sad, so very sad, and yet, I find it so amusing, so very amusing!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL