Sexism

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bamajazzlady, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Pulchritude you can see in appearance, beauty is much more than the eye can see.

2. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    I am in a civic club with a young woman who put her self through college on a trumpet scholarship. Follow your heart and enjoy playing the trumpet! Anyone who would make such a comment is simple and ignorant.

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I actually think the title to this thread should be really REALLY really bad pick up lines

4. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    You mean you have to wait in line!?

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Truly, a trumpet or other musical instrument didn't work for me ... not that I tried to use such.

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Hey, Sweetie!!! ---- if I were to pick you up, how heavy would you really be??? you know sweet-thing, I got to be careful not to throw my back out, after all it might not come back to me in the same shape!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hey Sweetie, ----- are you a light switch??? cause you turn me on

NO -- DONT THINK BAD PICK UP LINES WORK --- at least not so far

ROFL ROFL ROFL

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I'd been frequently on the phone with this Southern girl for a month and finally asked her if she'd like to have coffee with me after work. She said, yes then, and a year later said yes again at our wedding. That was in 1967. We're still married! Too, I still like coffee.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  8. duanemassey

duanemassey Piano User

Jul 14, 2009
    Houston
    I've been playing long enough to remember racism and sexism on the bandstand. No room for either one. As far as family goes, I am constantly amazed at how insensitive family members can be. Ignore them, follow your own road.

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    When I first came to this Southern town some 40+ years ago, the race issue was blatantly open right down to the rest rooms and schools. While laws have changed facilities, they haven't much changed the mindset of many people.

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Very true... I have found familyism more prevalent and more emotionally straining than sexism.