Sharing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Mar 29, 2006.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Hey everyone

I was just wondering, with all this recent video and audio sharing, I was wondering what the easiest way to share audio files over the internet. I've tried this putfile.com but it won't work cause my 2 min audio file is too big I guess.

Any ideas on how I can share my audio files with all of you?

Eric

2. trjeam

trjeam Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    yousendit.com

3. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    I was also wondering that. Part of the timing issues I was having in my clip was due to the fact I was trying to keep the file under a certain time limit so the file wouldn't be too big.

Yousendit.com? I thought that was only for emailing things...I'll have to look it up again. Thanks!

Lara

4. dow30

dow30 Piano User

Apr 26, 2005
    NY
    Convert to a lower kbps. If it's an Mp3 file at 320 kbps convert to 96 kbps which is a much smaller file. If it's a wave file convert to Mp3. I don't know if this helps?

5. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    how exactly would I do that?

:oops:

6. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi,

Here's the free service I used. Files can be as large as 100MB. I've got one recording on there thats over eight minutes long that I had recorded onto a CD and then ripped into my computer.

http://rapidshare.de/files/9137224/He_Is_Jehovah.wma.html

My apologies for the full link to the song, but that's how I saved the site. You can strip the link back to the main site and go from there.

Or, you can first listen to some burning stuff on a shepherd's crook cornet with a 1911 "cookie cutter mouthpiece" also.

This site is free, and easy to download too . . . important to a guy like me! ;-)

Tom

7. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    There is a music site called tindeck that is specifically for sharing music that you create.

8. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    http://ca.geocities.com/eric_sproul/Upjumpedspring.m4a

AH HA, I've figured it out!!! I figured out how to add audio clips to my html based webpage.

Does anyone have the Album "Trumpet Evolution" by Arturo Sandoval? It kicks butt. Well this is an excerpt of that piece I recorded today from that album for my taped audition for Humber College in Toronto.

Any comments, constructive only please. :-) I'll make it a new topic come to think aof it.

Eric

9. trjeam

trjeam Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    have you ever heard Freddie Hubbard's rendition of "Up Jumped Spring"?

10. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Actually, no I haven't, all I had to go by is Arturo's rendition